Do I have to take leave if it's enforced?

Ploomy

Crow
Morning.

My official last day in the Army is Jan 29th and including all my leave (43 days on card and 29 days restlement leave days, these 29 are not working days they include weekends also) and I have been told that I must take summer leave (15 days) as they cant do anything for me in those 15 days.

Do I have to take this leave, or is there some way I can kick off or way round me forcing to not take this leave.

I greatly appreciate any advice on this as I'm hanging out to get out as early as possible.

Cheers

Do what I did and add all your leave together and depart on the day that all of your accumulated leave commences.

I went in for one day towards the end to de-kit.

Morning.

My official last day in the Army is Jan 29th and including all my leave (43 days on card and 29 days restlement leave days, these 29 are not working days they include weekends also) and I have been told that I must take summer leave (15 days) as they cant do anything for me in those 15 days.

Do I have to take this leave, or is there some way I can kick off or way round me forcing to not take this leave.

I greatly appreciate any advice on this as I'm hanging out to get out as early as possible.

Cheers
Pretty sure they can make you do it, but if you want as much leave as possible to stack up at the end of your time you could volunteer for guard/duties over the enforced leave period?

Id also bang in a resettlement plan to your CoC pronto.

Ploomy

Crow
This is the issue, if I add all of it up. I shall be out mid October, they want me to take summer leave (from July 29th for 3 weeks so 15 days off my card). If I take it I will be out mid November.
I don't want to take it so I'm out earlier but they are having non of it, it seems.

Ploomy

Crow
I volunteered for Guard and duties with no luck. I think I'm going to have to go higher than my immediate line manager to give my opinion on it.

This is the issue, if I add all of it up. I shall be out mid October, they want me to take summer leave (from July 29th for 3 weeks so 15 days off my card). If I take it I will be out mid November.
I don't want to take it so I'm out earlier but they are having non of it, it seems.
There isn't much you can do if your CoC won't support it and/or you can't do duties.

I volunteered for Guard and duties with no luck. I think I'm going to have to go higher than my immediate line manager to give my opinion on it.
That's a shame. Did you give them a full resettlement plan? I banged one in as soon as I got to my last unit (7 months left to serve) - A3 paper & excel, showing hem exactly when I was proposing to take courses/leave/key events marked (both for the unit and myself), including the start of terminal leave, my pro-rata annual leave before that etc etc.

Good luck.

Have you included GRT (up to 35 working days) in your calculations?

Donny

ADC
Look for a course to book yourself onto over the summer leave period? Anything would do but it would be nice to find something that might be useful to you later.

Ploomy

Crow
Yeah that's what I'm looking into, unfortunately being signed off is a bitch when trying to get on courses in our
Look for a course to book yourself onto over the summer leave period? Anything would do but it would be nice to find something that might be useful to you later.
That's the plan as of now, just a bitch trying to get on courses when I'm signed off with my particular unit.

Got myself on a Forklift course which saved me five days when I was in the same position. In reality it lasted two days but don't tell anyone!

Have you submitted your leave request (for your prefered dates) yet?

From JSP 760
Section 3 - LEAVE PLANNING
Coherent personnel leave planning is a function of the Chain ofCommand. Where possible, Service personnel should be allowed to take leave at the time of their choosing. Absence from duty is authorised or withheld by the
CO as the exigencies 4 of the Service permit. Authorised absence from duty affects the morale both of Service personnel and their families and should be withheld only to meet operational requirements 5 or exigencies of the
Service.

4 Exigency – OED urgent need or demand
5 Commanders and commitments and planning staff must bear in mind whether the operational requirements impacting onthe ability to take leave are urgent and essential. The European Court of Justice

Donny

ADC
Yeah that's what I'm looking into, unfortunately being signed off is a bitch when trying to get on courses in our

That's the plan as of now, just a bitch trying to get on courses when I'm signed off with my particular unit.
Fair enough - you could also check if your unit's been dicked with support to any cadet camps, and try to get on that. Otherwise @shiny_arrse 's suggestion is a good one - bang in your leave apps for the dates you want and make clear that you expect to be working over the block leave period.

Might be worth having a chat with your IERO and getting a resettlement plan (based on you doing all of your resettlement activity done just before discharge) in place that works for you. Then talk to your CoC, see if you can get them onside with it.

skog

Swinger
Go home on the block leave and ahem hurt your back.

Get doctors note and present to your coc and clerks

Block leave turns into sick leave at home and leave gets recredited

Buckshee fortnight at home and you get the leave you want.

***worked for me but I left 9 years ago

Latest Threads