Do i have to declare rent from daughter ?

After having serious issues with my last tenant and letting company resulting in me being £950 out of pocket i took my house off the rental market. This is my only property as i work overseas for the FCO and free accomodation is provided.

My property remained empty for about a month and then my daughter asked if she and her fiancee could live in the house as there rent was £750pcm. I said yes they then stated that they would happily pay me £450 pcm so as not to be seen to be accepting charity. They also pay council tax etc.

Do i have to declare this money to the tax man or is it like getting kids that live with you to contibute to living there etc.

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads