Do I get to choose which battalion?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by itchyscott, Apr 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you get to pick which battalion you go into or do you just have a prefrence? Start my basic June 14th up at catterick and was never asked which battalion I wished to join just regiment any help would be great

2. Concentrate on Catterick mate, if you're fit for the army you probably won't care what battallion unless you're married :D

3. Whatever you do mate don't join the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment - they are the leftovers of the old King's Regiment - a right shower! You may have read about them in the newspapers causing trouble in Cyprus as ever.

Good luck!

4. You should at least know what Division of Infantry you are going into, from there if you havent specified a particular Battalion or Regiment within that Division you will go to whichever needs the manpower.

Unless you have mates in a particular Battalion i would advise trying to find out which Battalions within your Division are going where and doing what and see if you can actually specify a choice through where you want to go in the short term :)

5. I think its just a preference rather than choice