Do help for heroes support RBL and poppyscotland ...

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by theylie, Nov 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. . . . projects, initiatives and welfare support?

Reason I ask is local supermarket has help for heroes in today, large merch table, collection buckets and 2 helpers. No poppies on table but there are at checkout tills. But you have to pass the merch table and 2 helpers to get in the store.

No issue no agenda just curious as if they don't support RBL and poppyscotland, just a bit cheeky at this time of the year.
    That is all.
  2. Yes.

3. Poppyscotland? WTF is that all about then?
  4. thistles
  5. They don't consider theirselves British anymore obviously!
  6. Poppyscotland

Simple answer. No ulterior motives, and **** all to do with all this feckin independence shite!
  7. Only been around since 1921. Hardly new boys to the veterans charity sector!
  8. I see they are a branch of TRBL, at least it will encourage the Scottish bigots to get their hand in their pocket.
  9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

They are not in any way a 'branch' of the RBL. The RBL never had a remit in Scotland and the fantastic work done by the people at the Earl Haig Fund / poppyscotland shouldn't be denigrated.

Wouldn't mind you explaining the 'bigots' comment either?

Since the RBL exists to support veterans and serving men and women in England, Wales and Northern Ireland only, why are we bigoted supporting Scottish veterans?

Genuinely interested.

Edit: To remove profanity.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Quote from the website:

"In June 2011 we merged with our sister charity The Royal British Legion (TRBL)"

Are you denying that a percentage of Scots are bigoted towards the English and that they are more likely to contribute to a charity if it were Scots only.

And if you are genuinely interested than don't be so abusive. Your reaction as a moderator of the site is disgraceful.

I find it annoying that as Brits we fight, die, are injured and endure together yet there are still short sighted bigoted pricks out there who want to draw a line in the sand and say "no this is us here and that's you over there".
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Seconded

12. Who are these Brits you talk of ??
    Welsh independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wont goto NI as its a split decision over there;

but who are you kidding xenophobia exist in all countries, go back to your bubble !
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Ok. At what point in that announcement did your claim that they're a branch of the RBL become evident? Buggered if I can see it but I'm sure you can enlighten me. The Earl Haig Fund (Scotland) has always, until the, merger, been autonomous.

Well, yes and no. I understand that there are a few ********* who don't like the English but would you characterise those of us who raise cash for Erskine (a charity that looks after to veterans in Scotland) as being bigoted?

I don't moderate this bit and find your vituperative nonsense quite offensive.

Pish. It has been almost one hundred years that the RBL has not represented Scotland. The fact that you've only discovered it today is more a testament to your ignorance than anything else.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. I never said or thought otherwise.

I would and do have the same reaction to anyone or anything highlighting a selection of people within a group where all are equally deserving.

You'll notice TRBL website makes no difference to where you come from, it's just enough that you have served - as it should be.