Do chubbers live longer?

Had a pre-course medical back in the summer and got told the same thing "you have to lose weight according to this chart" a shame it doesn't accomodate us gym monkeys!
Holding a gym membership does not a 'gym monkey' make!

Being big boned with a glandular problem means I'm putting on weight just looking at the humungus single malt I have just poured to combat the stress.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
interesting as there is a starvation diet which makes the same claims although fat people are kept alive by the nhs instead of being hunted and rendered for fuel like they should be.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
true they checked me again when I came out at bmi 41 and ended up giving me a 26. as a stick thin 18 year old recruit I came in at 16 stone so I've allways been heavy but not fat. I've gained a stone and 2 inches on the waist and chest which isn't bad for 43.

the US military scale is a better one for those fitter/bigger/heavier than average as it includes neck and waist measurements to work out your build.

when I used to do medicals the charts allowed for sex and build.

http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmi-m.htm

http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html?
ctype=standard&csex=m&cage=43&cheightfeet=6&cheightinch=0&cneckfeet=1&cneckinch=5.5&cwaistfeet=2&cwaistinch=10&cwaistfeetf=3&cwaistinchf=0&chipfeet=2&chipinch=10.5&x=38&y=11

http://www.armyprt.com/apft/online-apft-and-body-fat-calculator.shtml

I'd rather die young then be a fat ****. I ******* hate fat cnuts.
Your just being morbidly obtuse FATTY.
Bonnacon are you actually saying "Fally is a Fatty, Fally is a Fatty, nurr, nurr, na, nurr, nurr" coz I think you are :)
Yes, I really am Juvenile in every day life. Sad but true.

Fat people are jolly and easy to run away from which I think is what attracts them to policing.

Pipe smokers live longer healthier lives than non-smokers.

Sensible amounts of alcohol are good for us.

It is better to be heavy with a good muscle mass if you have lung damage/lung disease.

Chocolate is good for us

Statins have made no difference to heart attack rates

Lack of animal fat in diet upsets brain chemistry causing depression costing NHS a fortune in prozac for diet faddy skinny women.

The French are aberrant bastards with high cholesterol and low heart disease rates.

There is a reason not many ex SAS or ex Commandos could work as meat porters. The special forces physique is too weak for the work.

And Commandos trying their hand at club door work in the 70s (from Deal Barracks) were less use than a chocolate fireguard. Insufficient grappling and dragging strength. Fell rather shortt of requirements.

There is a reason not many ex SAS or ex Commandos could work as meat porters. The special forces physique is too weak for the work.

And Commandos trying their hand at club door work in the 70s (from Deal Barracks) were less use than a chocolate fireguard. Insufficient grappling and dragging strength. Fell rather shortt of requirements.
Wow, thanks. Wondering whether THEY could find employment in abattoirs whilst waiting for their books to be published was really keeping me up at night.

Great news for Iceland, and the chubbers will be all over this like a bag of Greggs sausage rolls claiming they're only pigging out for the good of their health.

Oink!

Overweight people 'live longer' study claims - Health News - NHS Choices
I read a recent German report that stated that Obese and Overweight individuals have a very much higher chance of surviving the first heart attack. The body prepares for the inevitable apparently.
that fits my own experience as the mates I've lost over the years through first time cardiac arrests were all very fit!

Now about that pie......