Do Capita Recruiters Earn a Commission?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by skinandbones, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I passed my AOSB back in 2009 going through the process with my local ACA. Having buried my head in the sand during my last year at university I missed the news that Capita was taking over recruitment, which obviously lead to a shock when I tried to contact my ACA again regarding familiarisation visits. I then went through the royal dick dance of trying to find who my ‘CSM’ was at the ‘NRC’ having never heard from this individual. My ‘CSM’ eventually got in touch after some hassle from another member of staff at the ‘NRC’ but after asking about familiarisation visits I have heard NOTHING in reply, nor will my ‘CSM’ answer the phone. I do intend to keep hassling until I get some answers but I was wondering, do these ‘CSM’s receive any sort of commission for successfully recruiting a candidate (as they would in the civilian job market)? If so, am I bashing my head against a brick wall trying to get some help from an individual who won’t earn any money from the time they spend with me as I am already ‘recruited’ (having already booked a place at RMAS…by ringing RMAS)? Or, are these just normal teething problems related to a change in process?

Cheers.

2. I don't know if I have just been lucky but, my experience with Capita has been very positive so far (touch-wood). I find the only time I can contact my CSM is in the morning between 9-11 am. In the afternoons I believe they only make outbound calls and actually may go as far as unplugging their phones to stop inbound calls coming through.

I know it can be frustrating but, this must be their busiest time with everyone just graduating and I would like to think they are doing the best they can.

3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I don't know about commission but most are minimum-wage call centre mongs from the Upavon area: draw your own conclusions.

• Like Like x 7
  4. The job description gave a salary and the opportunity of a bonus if targets were met.
    Staff turnover at NRC is very high, Capita employees last on average 3 weeks.
    It'll get much much worse before it gets better.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

The place has only been open since the end of March so they must be all new staff in there now then....a few times over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Army Jobs

Army Jobs Swinger SME

Within the NRC we have many ex-serving soldiers,who bring many years of recruiting experience to the partnership. They have previously been AFCO/ACIO senior recruiters. All staff at the NRC are fully committed to providing an excellent service.

7. Army Jobs

Army Jobs Swinger SME

As a potential Officer in the British Army this is not the correct place to vent your frustrations.The NRC is a partnership between Capita and the British Army and is staffed by serving soldiers,ex-military and civilian staff. All staff are committed to ensuring all applicants are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner. Having spoken to the Officer team we are a little confused as to how you have booked yourself directly to RMAS, as I'm sure you are aware your AOSB is valid for 5 years if you could please contact us on 0845 600 80 80 we would be happy to inform you who your CSM is as there is no information here for us to be able to confirm who you are.

8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Potential officers in the British Army can vent their frustrations wherever they want to, thank you.

• Like Like x 25
  9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

So how do you respond to the original poster in this thread? Why does his or her 'CSM' not answer the phone or respond to requests for information about familiarisation visits? Commitments to a certain quality of service need to be followed up on, not simply claimed.

10. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

I agree with cpunk, and I would prefer they air their frustrations here than take it to the Sun and have it splashed all over their pages. If POTENTIAL soldiers and officers want to vent then that is their perogative. Maybe if the responses/communications from the 'partnership' were quicker or fuller then they wouldn't feel this way. I am sure they understand that the NRC has a lot to cope with but the applicant is only interested in THIER application and no-one elses. I know I was the same when I joined many moons ago.

11. Did your soul die a little as you wrote that?

• Like Like x 5
  12. I heard the other day from a FTRS recruiting Major that there are something like 53000 people in the Regular and Reserve recruiting system at the moment. Nobody really knows what stage they are at and recruit courses are having to be cancelled due to lack of throughput.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Think positively. Looks like your training has already started. Crack on!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.