• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Do Britons feel rich or poor? - the Guardian

M

Mr_Tigger

If you live in a warm house with a full belly every night you are pretty damn lucky and should not forget it.

The woman you've quoted employs a nanny so she can go out, work, and bring in 60 grand a year.What is wasteful about that?
Her husband's a freelancer, and there are loads of families with both parents working who can't afford a nanny. How do they manage?

Maybe they should live in a place that doesn't cost them £2900 a month as well.

I think the point is, a lot of the time, it doesn't matter how much you have, because you always want more. The more you have, the more you spend.

S

Screw_The_Nut

You will always live within your means, whatever those means are. End of. No surprises here.

Times are hard for all of us. Already cancelled my golf club membership. I shall have to ask my gardener to take a pay cut. How are some of you lot gonna tell your daughters you can't afford the horse riding lessons anymore, or your son isn't getting the Ferrari he wished for his 18th birthday?

Latest Threads