DO ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME-TRAINED PROFESSIONAL ONLY ;-)

#2
Boy is he fast! Showmanship shooting but that double shot is amazing. Until the film is slowed down it does just sound like one shot!

Now, where is my 9 mil?

Q.
 
#3
I was disappointed. I expected the thread title to be ironic and sarcastic and we would see blood.

The guy is impressive, I could take him though. From behind a rock. Three hundred yards away. With a rifle. And a scope. And a good day.
 
#4
That is mindwateringly fast to do anything at all.

Wonder what he's like with live rounds - I imagine it would slow him up to have to aim at all.

Still bloody impressive though.
 
#5
Would love this to see this recorded again in HD, in slow motion. So we could really appreciate the speed.

NICE.
 
#6
Doesn't look real. The angle of the gun as it fires is point towards the floor. I'm not convinced.
 
#7
KINELL!!! Now that's what you call fast! It's even more amazing, since he draws from a modified Yaqui holster and not from a Bridgeport rig. Cheers for posting the link, JJ, most entertaining.

MsG
 
#8
Cameraman is brave standing at the target end of the range.

I like that he thinks the next fastest thing is light.
 
#9
TheKnave said:
Cameraman is brave standing at the target end of the range.

I like that he thinks the next fastest thing is light.
Perhaps there aren't any bullets involved???
 
#10
smudge67 said:
TheKnave said:
Cameraman is brave standing at the target end of the range.

I like that he thinks the next fastest thing is light.
Perhaps there aren't any bullets involved???
I thought he said he was fireing blanks, the blast and fragmentation from a blank will pop a baloon at that range
 
#12
Quaker said:
Boy is he fast! Showmanship shooting but that double shot is amazing. Until the film is slowed down it does just sound like one shot!

Now, where is my 9 mil?

Q.
I assume you are also auditioning for the Soprano part in the chorale? :D
 
#13
TheKnave said:
Cameraman is brave standing at the target end of the range.

I like that he thinks the next fastest thing is light.
Typical Septic arrogance..... :D
 
#14
tropper66 said:
smudge67 said:
TheKnave said:
Cameraman is brave standing at the target end of the range.

I like that he thinks the next fastest thing is light.
Perhaps there aren't any bullets involved???
I thought he said he was fireing blanks, the blast and fragmentation from a blank will pop a baloon at that range
If I understood the video correctly, his latter shooting is with live ammunition.
 
#16
jumpinjarhead said:
Quaker said:
Boy is he fast! Showmanship shooting but that double shot is amazing. Until the film is slowed down it does just sound like one shot!

Now, where is my 9 mil?

Q.
I assume you are also auditioning for the Soprano part in the chorale? :D
Nah, fortunately I am a bit more sensible than I let on. Slightly off topic I do seem to remember a story about an Israeli soldier twirling his loaded Uzi around his finger 'a la wild west'. You can imagine the outcome!

Q.
 
#17
Haven't time to watch the vid, but how does he compare with Jerry Miculek (search YouTube) who shot for S & W?

I saw him a couple of times at Pistol AD at Bisley - he was unbelievable with no trickery. I talked to him afterward and even handled his .45 Smith with the moon-shaped clips - the trigger pull was the same as my S & W 586 (that made me cry).

And he was an absolute gentleman.
 
#18
JoeCivvie said:
Haven't time to watch the vid, but how does he compare with Jerry Miculek (search YouTube) who shot for S & W?

I saw him a couple of times at Pistol AD at Bisley - he was unbelievable with no trickery. I talked to him afterward and even handled his .45 Smith with the moon-shaped clips - the trigger pull was the same as my S & W 586 (that made me cry).

And he was an absolute gentleman.
Watch the vid and you will see he is no Miculek. He is the proverbial "one (well perhaps 1.5) trick pony." Proves the point that if you have little else in life to distract you (given his Barnum and Bailey demeanor--note the rather large sheriff's star-- I suspect he is that sort of fellow) and focus on a very narrow activity, most people can get pretty good at it (evident in the care he takes to set his pistol up and holster it "just so" each time).
 
#19
guy's been going a long time - remember reading about him in an American gun mag - must have been early/mid 90s. He also modifies peacemakers for this stuff for a living - apparently you can't do fast draw with an unmodified SAA, well not for long - buggers the lockwork up. His wife does something similar and he's a tennis coach (hand/eye co-ordination?).

I thought it was quite down to earth of him to dispel myths and romanticism about the Old West, myself.
 
#20
Whilst being truly amazed at the speeds being achieved in this sport now,you have to take into account that prior to 1960,this man wouldn't have been given house room,he fans the gun.

Modified pistol,modified speed bucket(looks like a blend of Arvo Ojala/Ernie Hills rig),price in thousands of dollars.

Most thumbers (using unmodified pistols) wouldn't give him the time of day.

Whilst his speed is blinding,on his double shoot,he cheats by not holstering the pistol before starting his draw (I've seen this footage slowed down),you might be able to see it if you can pause the vid.
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top