Do any car hire companies offer pick-up at the actual LHR terminal (T4)?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by 4(T), Apr 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of a Heathrow car hire company that offers collection of the car at the actual terminal (T4), rather than just a transit bus service to the perimeter depots?

Last thing I really like after a 9-hour flight is to spend another hour plus lugging bags around, queuing for buses and grinding around the Heathrow perimeter roads in the rush hour traffic. I just want to collect the car from the terminal and hit the road, as is usual in every other airport in the world except Heathrow...
  2. If you're too tired to get to car hire office after a 9 hour flight, I have to ask whether you are really safe to get in a car and drive?!?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Only terminal 4 ? As Avis has just started a pickup/dropoff at terminal 5 itself so you have no wait for the bus etc. And if you are a Avis Preferred customer and your prebooked vehicle is not there within I think 3 mins promise a 10 quid refund. However you never get it. They always offer an upgrade. never had the car I booked forthe last 3 years.
  4. Who said anything about tired? I just hate the interminable process to get from arrivals to the on/off site parking and car hire depots - it can take up to an hour and a half on a bad day.

Thanks old_bloke, I'll see if Avis do T4 as well.