Do any car hire companies offer pick-up at the actual LHR terminal (T4)?

Anyone know of a Heathrow car hire company that offers collection of the car at the actual terminal (T4), rather than just a transit bus service to the perimeter depots?

Last thing I really like after a 9-hour flight is to spend another hour plus lugging bags around, queuing for buses and grinding around the Heathrow perimeter roads in the rush hour traffic. I just want to collect the car from the terminal and hit the road, as is usual in every other airport in the world except Heathrow...

copepod

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
If you're too tired to get to car hire office after a 9 hour flight, I have to ask whether you are really safe to get in a car and drive?!?

Only terminal 4 ? As Avis has just started a pickup/dropoff at terminal 5 itself so you have no wait for the bus etc. And if you are a Avis Preferred customer and your prebooked vehicle is not there within I think 3 mins promise a 10 quid refund. However you never get it. They always offer an upgrade. never had the car I booked forthe last 3 years.

If you're too tired to get to car hire office after a 9 hour flight, I have to ask whether you are really safe to get in a car and drive?!?
Who said anything about tired? I just hate the interminable process to get from arrivals to the on/off site parking and car hire depots - it can take up to an hour and a half on a bad day.

Thanks old_bloke, I'll see if Avis do T4 as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mush_dad Travel 4
old_bloke Travel 10
Infiltrator Travel 10