DMS Nursing pay!

Just seen the SG and his teams response. No surprises there I'm afraid, if only nurses were as useful as Doctors!! Lets wake up, there are shortages across the whole of nursing as there are for medicine but our medical collegues have been far more robust in their approach using all ther big guns to make the case! We need to look at our retrention in line with real career pathways and then recruitment in that order too!!! Interestingly the AFPRB slated the lack of drive for this whole issue by the MOD and brought forward this project as they recognised the urgency of the matter unlike DMSD.

Is there a lack of drive by senior DMS nurses or are people oblivious to the effects this will have on DMS nurses not only in the short term but the long term as well? I believe it almost smacks of the old adage a "jack attitude" ask a matelot if you don't understand!!

I've just read something that stated there would be a review in 2008 of Nurses and AHPs pay and packages :roll: ....talk about too little, too late :evil:

Some previous posters have hit the nail on the head, we are run by Doctors, who look after Doctors and the rest come a poor second. The Nurses seem to be getting there as far as representation and being listened to but us AHPs are ignored, ridiculed and treated with pure contempt......fine I say but what will you do when there are none left :? Rely on the TA for AHPs :lol: Get a life :roll:

However out of the mass of dross in the TA, there are some very good medics etc..

shut it copper!! :wink: :D

What about all the DENTAL Nurses and their pay come guys we do have Dental NURSES in the RADC 8)

have you seen them recently???

Karabiner said:
Dui Lai, I'm sorry that you feel this way. The terms of service and structures of AHP employment groups are being reviewed with a provisional date for the initial paper being next month. I am as worried as you are about the state of play for AHP, especially the rate at which we are losing them. This concern is also shared at the highest levels of the DMS.

The AHP work is focussing on 3 main areas:

Pay - AFPRB and Joint services Job Evaluation. There is very high level interest (outside of the DMS) in exploring other ways to evaluate AHP employment groups for pay banding purposes.

Rank - on qualification, time promotion, on entry for direct entry qualified personnel, rates of promotion

Status - mainly access to commission, commission types

If there are other areas of concern that you as AHPs want included then let me know either in this forum or PM.
You've given me a little bit of confidence that something may be happening at long last......too late for me but not for the others I leave behind. The comments I made still stand, this isn't my own feelings but from about 80-90% of the rest of my cadre......commissioned officers too 8O

RAF_Nurse! said:
GP3_Bunny said:
What about all the DENTAL Nurses and their pay come guys we do have Dental NURSES in the RADC 8)
I'm not sure dental nurses are included...after all, they are not real nurses!
YES they are - especially those that are MALE :twisted: call me Shirley on a Friday and I was .................. :wink:

Sluice_dweller said:
So is this review going to change the Common Terms of Service and the lenght of time to be served in each rank?

Sluice
Who knows! At the moment the AFPRB is only concerned that nothing has been done so far, despite previous recommendations for a review. Points for consideration have not, to my limited knowledge, been intimated at yet publicly.
Lets hope they get on with it though, 'cos what with AfC....the civvies are catchin' us up! :D :D

RAF_Nurse! said:
Sluice_dweller said:
So is this review going to change the Common Terms of Service and the lenght of time to be served in each rank?

Sluice
Who knows! At the moment the AFPRB is only concerned that nothing has been done so far, despite previous recommendations for a review. Points for consideration have not, to my limited knowledge, been intimated at yet publicly.
Lets hope they get on with it though, 'cos what with AfC....the civvies are catchin' us up! :D :D
Civvies catching us up?

They already have and overtaken us. I think that they now earn aprox 15% more

About time the mod stood up - no thats not going happen is it.

All the newly qualified AHPs will be long gone by then. And what for? Costs about 225,000 to train them and they will lose 80% before they first deploy.

oh dear another day another dollar

beer monster

dumarse1 said:
All the newly qualified AHPs will be long gone by then. And what for? Costs about 225,000 to train them and they will lose 80% before they first deploy.
the newly qualified ODPs wont have, unless they have a fablon biff chit or a welfare case, cant get child care to cover etc.. oh thats most of them :oops: i stand corrected.

Those newly qualifieds who arent tour dodgers usually find themselves deployed once their 6 month consoldiation period is over.

Filbert Fox said:
dumarse1 said:
the newly qualified ODPs wont have, unless they have a fablon biff chit or a welfare case, cant get child care to cover etc.. oh thats most of them :oops: i stand corrected.

Those newly qualifieds who arent tour dodgers usually find themselves deployed once their 6 month consoldiation period is over.
Better dig out your dessies then matey :wink: ...........damn.....now where did I leave mine :roll: