DLO and DPA to merge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Litotes, Jul 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although it's been an open secret for some time, the news on Radio 4 has just reported that the DLO and DPA are to merge with the loss of 800 jobs over the next five years.

It's just a shame that they will all move into Bristol, which already bursting at the seams!

2. woohoo 2 shite agencies merge into one big cluster, hilarity even more p*ss poor equipment and life loss ensues
  3. Wonder if they'll flog the potentially lucrative bits, if there are any....
  4. Does this mean that Andover is for the chop now ???
  5. No. I understand the plan is for HQ LAND and HQ AG to collocate in Andover.

Wilton might then close.

Upavon might be up for grabs, too.

Brampton is the big site that should get the chop.

It will take 5 years though!

The report is 46 pages long, reportedly. I will try and find it tomorrow!

6. What ever happned to DM Dean Hill. I know it was closed down but thats alot of underground and land to be keeping hold off!.
  7. I thought Dean Hill was sold off some years ago. I think a group bought it for the sporting rights and the storage facilities.

8. Hang on didn't some well known management consultancy get paid a huge amound for explaining why DPA and DLO should be seperateb organisatuions?