Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Dixies Corner - Multicam Webbing & Spyder Yoke

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A new review has been created: Multicam Webbing & Spyder Yoke

Another day another set of webbing to be dragged through the mud, jumped up and down on and generally treated like a Thai catalogue bride who's not putting out upon delivery.

This time our contender is from the very well known and established, Dixies Corner. Hardly a soul amongst us won’t have heard of DC either through reputation, the fact that someone else owns a bit of their kit or because it's where we've stood at those bloody sheds in Brecon catching a breather before heading for the next checkpoint! Not only are they renowned for their kit quality they're also very popular amongst those certain types of pervert soldiers that spend their holidays in the Brecons trying to tell their kids it's fun to climb big hills. It's hard trying to please Them but they obviously rate Dixies highly enough and what's good for the goose!

For this review we're looking at their Multicam styled Webbing and Spyder Yoke, both of which are sold separately but as they work together we'll review them together.

This is another of the stitched webbing variety. It looks very much to me like the days of button-pop webbing are long gone apart from the issue stuff. As mentioned before, stitched webbing has its own benefits and penalties. The biggest benefit is the minimal amount of hassle for the wearer. The biggest penalty is the massive amount of hassle for the wearer when it all falls apart! As we'll see later though Dixies have neatly circumvented that potential pitfall by offering their own solution.

This particular item will weigh in at £140 - £150 depending on what size you go for with three available. If you buy the Spider yoke then you're looking at another £65 for the pleasure. So all in call it £215 for the lot. Let’s hope it measures up then!

The set I've been sent has five utility pouches and two magazine pouches with a grenade pouch on the side of the end ammo pouch and all this is attached to a hippo pad. Point to note here is that Dixies don't measure by pouch number or belt length, they measure by hippo pad size. So if you do decide after reading this that you want a set then don't worry, their website gives a full breakdown of how to measure yourself up for their kit.

The design of the webbing itself is very unique amongst an increasingly similar if not copycat market. It has, without a shadow of a doubt, the most complex stitching arrangement I've seen on any webbing so far.

Unlike other webbing where you...

Read the full review here...

Link goes back to 2003....

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Link goes back to 2003....

2003? What do you mean?:???: I click it and it just takes me to the review I posted yesterday, although the review itself is about six or seven years old. Relisting all the old reviews that were wiped during a database whoopsy.

Takes me to a thread from 03 dripping that the WG were going to have their Arms Plot changed as Prince William was joining them and he wanted to stay at his Grannie's house...