Divorce, moving pension to wife

Gamer 69

Old-Salt
Hi there

I'm at endgame of a divorce.

I have 2 Army Pensions, 2 NHS Pensions and a House.

I have retained the House, both NHS Pensions and my AFPS 05 (remobilisation pension).

I have obtained a CETV but the Clean Break Consent Order says I need to move AFPS75 over to the wife, so she gets the pension benefits for the 5 years I was in.

I can't see it online or on other forums? Could anyone guide me to the form please to prevent me from being on the phone to the MOD for an hour?

Do I need to be careful, that it excludes AFPS 05?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I could be wrong, but surely the only benefit she would be entitled to if you were still married (other than spending it for you), would be the death entitlement whereby she's gets 50% of your monthly payment.

Gamer 69

Old-Salt
I could be wrong, but surely the only benefit she would be entitled to if you were still married (other than spending it for you), would be the death entitlement whereby she's gets 50% of your monthly payment.
No, I have to transfer it over as part of the clean break. All goods and liabilities were placed.

She got £27k and the AFPS 75 in order that i retain my NHS pension and house equity, i.e. she has no further claim to the house or spousal maintenance.

@Gamer 69, have a look at the Forces Pension Society. They deal with these issues all the time.
@Forces Pension Society may be able to advise.
I appreciate you are probably being reamed financially but Membership is only £41 a year.

I have obtained a CETV but the Clean Break Consent Order says I need to move AFPS75 over to the wife, so she gets the pension benefits for the 5 years I was in.

I can't see it online or on other forums? Could anyone guide me to the form please to prevent me from being on the phone to the MOD for an hour?

I would suggest that if the legal paperwork and documentation and has been signed, sealed & delivered.

Your Ex's lawyers will already be on the case and have already started the process.

Gamer 69

Old-Salt
Thanks for the responses. I've just called the MOD!

Turns out neither solicitor has a clue and have told me to 'sort it out'. Obviously I could have instructed solicitor to find out but that would have a few hundred quid.

If anyone needs to know and resurrects this thread, it's just an email to the DBS team.
dbs-pensionshelp@dbspv.mod.uk

AFPS 19 had already been completed.

Last edited:
You are.

Hi there

I'm at endgame of a divorce.

I have 2 Army Pensions, 2 NHS Pensions and a House.

I have retained the House, both NHS Pensions and my AFPS 05 (remobilisation pension).

Do I need to be careful, that it excludes AFPS 05?
Pedantically, I don't think you'd have a CETV but a CEV.

The T stands for Transfer as its not possible to transfer a monetary amount out of the AFPS except in very, very limited circumstances. You can't transfer to s scheme that provides flexible benefits - in other words, a personal pension but you can, possibly transfer your accrued rights under the AFPS to another Defined Benefit scheme.

Have a look at these links mate.

.......finish the sentence, enlighten Gamer 69 with your extensive insight and knowledge of how to solve his problem. !!
Look at the bit I highlighted, and then my subsequent reply.

You are right to mention I have extensive insight and knowledge about pensions, though.

Gamer 69

Old-Salt
.......finish the sentence, enlighten Gamer 69 with your extensive insight and knowledge of how to solve his problem. !!
TBF,
Pedantically, I don't think you'd have a CETV but a CEV.

The T stands for Transfer as its not possible to transfer a monetary amount out of the AFPS except in very, very limited circumstances. You can't transfer to s scheme that provides flexible benefits - in other words, a personal pension but you can, possibly transfer your accrued rights under the AFPS to another Defined Benefit scheme.

Have a look at these links mate.

Thanks, after speaking to MOD, I think they are going to arrange that with the ex. She will them have to come up with whatever scheme she needs to pay in, via a sharing order.

I think that's all I need to do. It's down to her and the MOD to move the cash into a suitable scheme. I know I sound a bit paranoid, but I don't want them touching AFPS 05, as it's my only benefit from the army and I want to be an army pensioner at some point! I put it in bold and underlined it...

I also think the 100% for AFPS 75 and 0% of AFPS 05 makes it a lot easier to administer. We'll see.

Latest Threads