Discussion in 'Sappers' started by cidda, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are the requirements to get on the diving course??
  2. got to own your own flippers & speedo's.
  3. Very DRY!!
  4. get you sluggy. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. Join the Senior Service mate! :D

(oh look.... I think this is my taxi!)
  6. Must have humungus lungs - try practicing at blowing up a hot water bottle like a balloon
  7. sky, sea or muff?
  8. Why would any body want to be a diver anyway? If I want to get cold and wet I just have a bath on camp!

Although I hear that due to defence cut backs thier only letting inbreads on the couse now.
  9. Okay .. serious now. I admit I don't know what the army requirements are or how the course is structured but one thing I'd recommend that you do (from my experience in another field) if you get as far as the selection process... do get comfortable as you can with a blacked out face mask!!

Get a cheap old scuba mask, put gaffer tape over the face plate, and get used to the feeling! It doesn't sound like much and if you are on dry land and in familiar surroundings you may just feel a bit daft walking with a blacked out mask on (make sure you have a mate keeping any eye on you) But when you are several metres underwater and you are 'one-breath-from-death' it can be quite unnerving.
  10. Oy Knocker! I thought the link didn't work then, you shite.

Anyhoo, I am thinking of running spelling courses for charity donations to Holidays4Heroes. Maka, get your £400 ready, MDN accepts paypal or direct debits :wink:
  11. Sluggy theres absol..no...absul...CRAP, yes I know I cant spell...I'm an engineer not Clive bloody Cluster. And anyway I've spent all my money on beer and whisky!
  12. You need to talk to your unit's Diving Officer. He can book a Diving Aptitute, a course of about a week. Medical, and phyisical tests included. If you pass the aptitude it lasts for either 6 or 12 months. If you don't do the course in the required time then you have to do it again. The schools in Portsmouth - quality on the piss.