DIT Practical Lesson

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by hurrahfortheRE, Feb 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have to give my practical DIT lesson on my course next week and would like some ideas of what topic to do! I want a simple one but want to steer clear of the making a paper aeroplane, ties or lacing boots.

Any sugestions gratefully received.
  2. Shaving.
  3. Tech Skill or EDIP ?
  4. Use of the new field dressing, easy to do and everyone needs to know how to do it properly, especially on Ops.
  5. Could be a good one but unfortunately I've never even seen it. Thanks though.
  6. I did 'How to change a fuse in a 3 pin plug' for my EDIP Practical lesson-I managed to make it last 30 mins as well and got HC for it!
  7. Just done mine today spookily enough 8)

You will be assessed on the conduct of the lesson, so don't worry about the content.

EDIP is the easiest format for the skills assessment, so I'd recommend chosing something interesting or trade-related and plan to EDIP that.

Keep it really simple, the crap examples you have listed are common for a reason: they are easy to EDIP and control!!!

Rehearse your timings to the nearest 30 seconds (eg Practice-phase must be 12-14 mins for 30 min EDIP)

Don't neglect the little things: name displayed, quick I-N-T-R-O, Objectives displayed (Range and Consolidation), noisy Demo (don't speak and demo at same time), 100% Objectives tested, etc, etc. The Assessment score-sheets are very prescriptive, don't give them a chance to mark you down on any phase.

I did EDIP for setting a mouse-trap, I had difficulty keeping a straight face watching four blokes ducking away from flying cheese every time they triggered one but I did OK (HC's throughout) 8) 8) 8)

Agreed with the iFFD (or CAT tourniqet), perfect 30min EDIP :wink:
  8. Just realised you're RE.

Have you thought of something Sapper related such as freckles, lipstick/cross-dressing or nailing your nut-sack to the bar??? :D :D :D
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hurrah, BCDT website has all the lessons and it is accessible from civvie webternet. Check PM's and i will send some crap over to you. That actually is a very good idea, you should seriously think about that one.

10. Cheers nursey
  11. Map folding lends itself easily to EDIP for a practical lesson.

Even young soldiers untrained in Teaching can get their heads round teaching this whilst they are learning BIT.
  12. I did juggling, fcukin' nightmare but by the end of the lesson they all managed to do it.
  13. I was going to do drinking p1ss through someone else's underpants but the DS said no!!!!!!
  14. Great, unless as he says, he has never seen one.

Brilliant having the lessons, however, EXPLANATION, DEMONSTRATION, IMOTATION, PRACTICE, kind of kills that, does it not?