DIT course repeat

I have just received joining instructions for CLM pt 2, which state that all NCOs must complete the first week-the DIT course. Despite holding this qualification, I have been told by the particular establishment involved that this is now policy-no exemptions!
How absurd is this? What happens if I now fail it-am I no longer qualified? What a waste of time, money and resources, particularly as my unit is struggling for manpower at the moment!

NM

if i were you i'd wait til you get on the course and explain the situation to them. you never know you might end up with an admin week. worste case a weeks catch up sleep in the classroom.

I had thought of that and hope you're right, but somehow...........

how did you get on? i'm due to resit JM despite having done it 6 years ago (due to a transfer) however i wanted to do my DIT course to get on some MATT instructor courses, but if i'll have to do it again i wont bother

ETS do not run DIT - it is owned by the Defence Centre for Training Support, a lovely purple organisation. I understand that the new(ish) DIT does have some significant differences from BIT, but have not done it so cannot confirm.

DIT is not a pre-requisite for CLM as far as I am aware, my understanding is that it is it is however a pre-requisite for promotion - an MCM driven thing which may have been foisted onto CLM as a convenient vehicle for catching everybody.

Stag on.

Have recently (2 months) ago completed DIT training down at portsmouth (HMS Nelson). was an enjoyable week but a bit pink and fluffy. Main change from BITS seems to be getting the class to do the work for you by asking more "2 or 4 point reasoning questions. The environment down there is not too bad bit weak on resourses so suggest you take your own down there if you go.

Have recently (2 months) ago completed DIT training down at portsmouth (HMS Nelson). was an enjoyable week but a bit pink and fluffy. Main change from BITS seems to be getting the class to do the work for you by asking more "2 or 4 point reasoning questions. The environment down there is not too bad bit weak on resourses so suggest you take your own down there if you go.

Latest Threads