DISURBANCE ALLOWANCE AND "MOVING LEAVE" HELP PSE !

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by poes, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :arrow: I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALREADY THINKING....ASK YOUR CLERK.................BUT THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW "WE ARE BUSY, COME BACK IN 2 WEEKS" (its a change from blaming glasgow i suppose)! :roll:

I have just sold my private house and have got a quarter to move into in 3 weeks time. i have done this as i am eventually moving back to South Africa :D on time up in 2 yrs. Do i qualify for some sort of disturbance allowance ? and is there such a thing as leave to move house ?
    i am moving about 6 miles.

CAN ANYONE HELP PSE ? :?

2. IIRC, No.

You are not entitled to disturbance allowance on your first or last move. Moving into quarters for the first time and when you leave the Army. There is a way around your last move apparently, and that is to request a posting near your home town (or where you intent to live when you leave) for your last 6 months. If they cannot accommodate you then you are entitled for your final move into your private home at public expense.

As for leave, you are entitled to 2 weeks only if your permanent duty station changes. If however it does not change (moving between barracks in Tidworth, say, or moving from a private house to a quarter) you get nothing.

I’m prepared to be proved wrong.

3. That's changed , you can claim on your last move but not sure on first!

4. THANKS...THATS PUT MY MIND AT REST :wink:

5. Wrong way round, you can claim for your first move, but you have to play the system on your last Quote 'There is a way around your last move apparently, and that is to request a posting near your home town (or where you intent to live when you leave) for your last 6 months. If they cannot accommodate you then you are entitled for your final move into your private home at public expense.'Unquote Thanks FF saved me typing this out.

As for getting Fcuked off by the clerks, go see the FSA/RAWO, if they have any grapefruits about them they will kick the clerks into touch. I would if any of my clerks fcuked you, the customer, off.

All this is in JSP 752, which you can access through you JPA terminal.

Enjoy

6. You are also entitled to claim distrubance allowance under the Final Tour of Duty allowances, which is great, money money money!

7. It is not your first move that you cannot claim for, it is your first 'setting up home' that you cannot claim for. I know for a fact that when i worked in our welfare office we got a fair few people in the same situation both disturbance and removals.

8. THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP....................BECAUSE I HAVE TRANSFERRED FROM ONE REGIMENT TO ANOTHER (BUT STAYING IN SAME CAMP), I HAVE GOT A POSTING ORDER THAT I FOUND OUT ABOUT TODAY. APPARENTLY I CAN USE THIS FOR DA AND REMOVALS....

Attached Files:

9. Theoretically if you are changing regiments within the same camp, you are entitled to DA and removals (if you move house), but you are only entitled to 1 days relocation leave.

By the way to type everything in capitals refers to you shouting. It can piss a lot of people off.

10. If you are staying in the same camp, why would you be needing to move house and why would you alos need re-location leave if you are not re-locating :?

11. THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. please see my initial post to answer you question :roll:

13. Poes,

As you are not changing duty station - and your move is purely for personal reasons you are not entitled to DA or removals.

ENTITLEMENT
    07.0108. General. Only one rate of DA is payable when a Service person is
    permanently assigned to a new duty station (plus the Child Element of DA where
    appropriate). The DA payment is to be based upon the anticipated type of
    accommodation being moved into by the Service person for the majority of the
    assignment (but see paragraph 07.0115).

07.0205. Eligible Service Personnel. All Regular Service personnel and, where
    appropriate, their accompanying immediate families, are eligible to move and/or store
    their entitlement of PE at public expense when one of the following is met:
    a. They move to a new Residence at Work Address (RWA) on an assignment
    requiring a permanent change of duty station.

PW

14. Proved wrong again!
    I could make a career out of this.