Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by wiseguy, Jun 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help,
    Can any one on here give me a steer reference disturbance allowance.

Situation as follows, after a bitter dispute with the fella next door on the patch DHE (or whoever the are this week) have said i can move volunterally.
    I have lived in the MQ for four years and will have another three year posting in the same garrison. I went up the Families Office and they reckon i wouldnt be able to claim disturbance or get the mob to move me. Is this right?
  2. thanks.
  3. 7 years in one location, I was lucky if I managed 18 months,I once worked out that in 15 years I had 16 camps/quarters.Not couunting training and courses I was on strength of 10 different units. JOIN THE ARMY AND SEE THE WORLD.
  4. cheers for that mate,
    I'm pleased you have been to so many camps/units in yer 15 year spell, it saves people like me having to drag our families all over the place.
    As for seeing the world i have been about, honest.
  5. Did you go to DEH and say I am having trouble with my next door neighbour and I want you to move me, or did you let them come up with the solution to move you? Because if it is the latter then surely it's they who are moving you (similar to a posting) and not yourself!

Just a thought, however I doubt it will make a blind bit of difference.

6. Hi mate. I'm pay clerk so here is the bollocks. If you are moving from one house to another on the same pacth you are entiltled to basic disturbance which is about £560. You have to let youre pay clerk know you are moving and explain the situation and then fill in the paperwork and then you'll get the money.
    Hope this helps :D
  7. thanks buddy :D
  8. It's a voluntary move, Barbie...
  9. A few years back I requested a move because of the anti-social behaviour of my neighbours. This was an officially authorised move notwithstanding the circumstances. I was able to claim disturbance allowance and the move was made at public expense.
  10. Well I hope someone gave your authorising officer a massive pat on the back - good work fella!

BUT it's still a voluntary move, ergo does not automatically attract disturbance.

Ever have one of those days where you know nobody's listening? :)
  11. He states at the top that he is getting another three year posting in the same garrison so if he uses his posting order as the authority, then can he get at least the basic disturbance allowance??
    Also i want barbie as my pay clerk cos at least she seems helpfull
  12. The fact that he had a posting order to the same garrison is of no consequence here. The rules state that the requirements of the service make it necessary for the service family to move, which doesn't really exist in this case as he is within the same garrison.

What I don't understand is why the good guy has to move and the asbo family doesn't. That all said if he has a letter from the DE-HD requiring him to vacate his MQ for service reasons them he would qualify for the lower rate.

I would caution you against having Barbie as your Pay clerk, she doesn't seem terribly au-fait with the Regulations whereas Darth obviously is.
  13. I agree - it seems bizarre, but perhaps symptomatic of a wider societal problem....?
  14. Just to give you a heads up,

We were told by DHE to keep a detailed log of all the anti-social behaviour/harrasment we had. when this was presented to DHE after two months they informed us that there was little they could do and that to chase an eviction or force a move on those next door could take months or years.

My problem is that most of the harrasment my family gets is when i am away(which is quite often as per) so what do you do? The only choice i could make was to move asap especially with a tour looming but even then this could take weeks.

This is just a brief overview of the situation i could jabber on for ages about the whole thing, thanks for all the opinions/ advice on whether i could claim guess only time will tell. :salut: