disturbance.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by richi, May 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in a unique situation thay my clerks seem unable to resolve.

i am moving from sfa into the mess on my next posting. this is because i am settling my little one down in school and the missus will remain where she is. i have not yet bought a house and as we save she has decided to rent for the mean time which means my stuff is going into storage.

what am i entitled to if anything.

regards

confused soldier.

2. Why would you be entitled to anything? The military offer quarters for pads and it is your choice to not accept that offer and stay in the mess and have your family else where, not the militarys.

3. Are you a Muslim? If yes you are probably entitled to state benefits on a grand scale. Sorry couldn't help it - the reality is that I don't know.

4. i am still entitled to something as i am on a new assignment. the fact that whether its married or single rate is irrelevant i will be still entitled to something. thats what i am trying to find out.

this is only happening when i get posted not before..

5. I don't think it's at all unique, it happened when I was in, as Cabana states, it is your choice as to where your Family stays but I can understand your reasons for your doing this.

It's a long, long time since I left but I do seem to recall something about being able to claim back Storage charges, someone on here will give you the definitive answer, no doubt.

The other drawback will be your Mess Bills, always seemed to creep up silently, then, bang, bloody hell, that much.

6. You'll be entitled to an MMA claim for your motor from old station to new, and possibly a days subsistence depending on the distance you have to travel. No disturbance as you have elected not to disturb your family and move into private hiring. (First/Last move at own expense). No singlie disturbance as you live in a private hiring and have elected to keep your family there and go into the Mess.

A bit harsh I know, but I did similar a few years ago. Storage wasn't involved though, so couldn't help you with that bit.