disturbance allowance

does anyone know if an expense claim needs to be submitted for disturbance allowance as well as the disturbance allowance claim itself?

The claim form for disturbance allowance on JPA takes about 60 seconds to complete.

As long as you fill in the fields correctly, it'll be done automatically.

Did you move more than 50 miles?
How many children were affected?
Is the move mid-posting?
What date did you move?

Things like that.

Silly question coming up....can you still get disturbance allowance if you don't move homes, but do move to a different Unit which is 30 miles away from your old Unit

Tiffy_A_Mech said:
Silly question coming up....can you still get disturbance allowance if you don't move homes, but do move to a different Unit which is 30 miles away from your old Unit
'Fraid not - you have to move to qualify for any form of disturbance.

PW

What if her were moving into SLA, I believe that there is now a remitt for this in JSP 752, I will check next week, however, I am sure I have seen something re new RWA in SLA on assignment as a qualifying move, I may be wrong but if he is retaining an MSQ and moving into SLA I think that there may be provission for this under the new rules.

LJS - The post states no move. If the SP was moving into SLA and leaving the family in SFA there would be an entitlement haven't got the current rate to hand but used to be the princely sum of £85.00!

(I feel quite sad using all these new fangled abbreviations!!)
PW

PW, That's the Badger that I was on about, still £85 better in your pocket I suppose.

He may be refering to the fact that there is no move of family home, in addition to this, if he is retaining the MSQ and will be living in SLA he will be entitled to GYH(T), alternatavly, if comuting under 50 miles he will get HTD (HTD caped at 50 miles).

Some more abreviations lol.

Tiffy_A_Mech said:
Cheers PW & LJS its my own home not a quarter.

I have been lucky to get another posting within commuting distance..
Same applies mucker, as long as your private house is not being rented out the GYH(T) also still applies as it is your SPR (Selected Place of Residence), enough with the abreviations now my head is spinning.

I'm being med discharged, I was based in paderborn and moving back to the uk, I my DA was refused as I ticked the box saying my move was overseas, as it was from my point of view,
I'm now on terminal leave, I went into my local ta center, to re submit My DA their, this time I ticked the box saying no, not overseas, that was 4 days ago and nothing has been peed into my bank,
Iv spoken to a army clark, in the pub about this, and he says I did it correct the first time around,

I'm being med discharged, I was based in paderborn and moving back to the uk, I my DA was refused as I ticked the box saying my move was overseas, as it was from my point of view,
I'm now on terminal leave, I went into my local ta center, to re submit My DA their, this time I ticked the box saying no, not overseas, that was 4 days ago and nothing has been peed into my bank,
Iv spoken to a army clark, in the pub about this, and he says I did it correct the first time around,
Have you been back to the TA Centre to check that it's not sitting in someone's Workflow?

(If it hasn't changed!)

I was gonna give it a few days first, it's a bit of a pain, as the ta is never open
Never open ? to my knowledge they are all manned by an admin clerk and a PSAO minimum, is there a caretaker on site ?

If not use the COC there will be a HQ somewhere you can go to.

Last edited: