Disturbance allowance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Bigbaldski, Apr 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me how long it should take to recieve this??
    Will the JPA change over slow this process down ??
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No it will speed it up. Once entered on the system, payment should be received into the bank within 5 working days.
  3. Cheers BandT ,well i put mine in over two weeks ago and the clerk gave me the " Im not sure when it will go in, what with JPA in all" routine!!
    So im hoping at the start of next month....what do you reckon???
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

JPA is a relatively unknown quantity in the Army, your clerk just doesn't know (not his fault). However even under the old system I got mine within 4 weeks of submission.
  5. Good news , cheers mate! I was starting to flap as the wife has got it spent already!!!
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

That's where you have let the side down. When mine asks about disturbance allowance I tell her not to worry as I have paid it.
  7. Ha ha nice one!! I would of tried to conceal it better but as usual the "wives" got together and she knows more about it than me!!!........Oh i should of asked her ..she would probably know what time of day its going in!!!!
  8. I was told yesterday by my admin office that through JPA isturbance allowance can only be claimed 30 days prior to your move date (note move date NOT LTA!).