DISTURBANCE ALLOWANCE

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by kingy2208, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I WONDER IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW DISTURBANCE ALLOWANCE IS PAID AND WHAT THE RATE IS???

IS IT PAID WITH WAGES AND IF SO DOES IT SHOW UP ON THE WAGE SLIP OR IS IT SEPERATE?

2. It is paid into your normal bank account. It usually shows up on a separate wage slip. Do the honest thing, tell your wife you are getting it and none of this, "Disturbance Allowance? That's OK dear, I'll pay that" malarky. It's all been done before.

Current rates are here:

http://www.army.mod.uk/linkedfiles/servingsoldier/condofserv/intro/ss_cond_intro_w/jsp752_ver5.doc

£969 plus £130 for each eligable child - there are variations, so look them up at the link for the detail.

3. Its his wife asking !!! Thanks alot for that, ill let him know ;P

4. I was on your side!

5. Ive rang him now and he said thanks alot............he coud never hide money from me!!!!

6. I read somewhere that the rates are changing as of April 07. Has anyone seen the new rates published? Cheers.

7. Where pay scales are published in Apr, I believe that allowances are promulgated in Aug?

Prepared to stand corrected if anyone else can shed any light.

8. ZX - That is the norm but things are changing slightly from 1 Apr this year to bring us in line with the senior and junior services under JPA.

PW