Disturbance Allowance

I'm being moved from a DHE provided private hiring into a MQ, due to the owners coming home earlier than originally planned. It's a 3 mile move from one property to the other. DHE is picking up the tab for the Removals. I've got two pre-school rugrats.

What Disturbance allowance am I entitled to?

Many thanks!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
As your kids are pre-school they do not count as far as Disturbance Allowance goes. A forced move within a station/garrison normally attracts the Lower Level of Disturbance Allowance.

Pips

Old-Salt
Try and find a copy of

'A Guide to Allowances - for all Tri Service Personnel'. Every soldier should have sight of one, and after reading your certain section, you will be no clearer than you started. It's a new document.

Best bet, ask your RAO, he should be able to charge you for something, maybe the petrol for the removals!!!!

Disturbance allowance at the lowest rate is what you should get; I think.

From what I remember, you only get rug rats disturbance allowance if they have to change school. It's there to pay for the change of school-uniform.

Pips said:
Try and find a copy of

'A Guide to Allowances - for all Tri Service Personnel'. Every soldier should have sight of one, and after reading your certain section, you will be no clearer than you started. It's a new document.

Best bet, ask your RAO, he should be able to charge you for something, maybe the petrol for the removals!!!!

That sounds like a depressingly accurate prediction!

Many thanks chaps, pretty much what the civvy clerk told me; always best to check though... :wink: