Disturbance Allowance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by shadow4509, Jan 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Anyone know the length of time a disturbance allowance claim takes. I put mine in last wednesday. I have now been med discharged and cant get into camp to check on progress of claim so would be gratfeul of any info you can give me.

  2. I wouldn't know, I am not disturbed so havent claimed for it
  3. I am frequently disturbed and so I know the answer. Once the claim is correctly authorised and entered onto UNICOM it is then transmitted to Glasgow. Once they receive the transmission a credit is placed on your record and will generate a supplementary pay statement. These are only generated once a week usually on a Thursday night, and payment goes into your bank anytime upto 10 working days later - but usually much less than ten days.
  4. Thanks for the reply Mutineer. I have spoken to my previous unit and my details are no longer on UNICOM so it has been manually sent. So im guessing this increases the time?

  5. If it has gone snail mail then yes - once received at Glasgow it will be input manually onto the system and then picked up on the next supplementary run - a call to the 'Help' desk should let you know at what stage the claim is at.
  6. Thanks for the reply mate, have got the number and will give them a call monday.

  7. That will make no difference. Once you are discharged or about to be discharged your account is 'taken off tape' ( a throw back to when records were stored on tape)and your account will be manually finalised and a balance will be calculated and a final payment will be sent to the payment address you completed on your afo 1809.
  8. Ok i was med discharged on the 15th Jan but i put my claim in about 2 weeks before my discharge. So will i be paid into the bank or by cheque.
  9. PM me some details e.g. Army No and I will find out for you.