Disturbance allowance private to sfa

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by HARRYBLACK, Sep 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Just wanted to clear up an issue which my clerk is unclear of, can u claim distrubance allowance if you move from private to SFA upon getting married. Any help appreciated thanks.
  2. Not without an assignment order.

    If you are in the same posting it is classed as a mid-assignment move which attracts no entitlement to DA on marriage.
  3. Ok many thanks.
  4. There is one way to end up with more money in your bank account at the end of the month.

  5. I live in my own house in Germany. Not married.

    I'm posted to the UK and am leaving the girlfriend in the house (No, she doesn't want visitors!!). I'll be moving into the mess in my new posting.

    Can I claim any form of disturbance allowance?
  6. Yes, SLA rate which is £88.
  7. Better than a kick in the teeth! Is this written down anywhere, in the form of an AGAI or JSP?
  8. The guide to pay and allowances is JSP 752. It can be found in JPA Professionals under JSPs for JPA
  9. I am moving into Surplus housing from SFA housing whilst my husband stays where he is based, do we qualify for disturbance allowance, or just removals?
  10. Disturbance Allowance can only be claimed on change of assignment. The fact that your hubby is staying at his current unit would leave me to believe this is a mid assignment move for the benefit of the family hence incurring no entitlement to Dist Allce. If hubby is Army however, and over 37, it would well be worth him asking his clerks about the >37 package, which would at least relieve some of the financial stress.