Disturbance Allowance Help

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by glovej, Jun 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i need an upto date text book answer to my question someone will know

i got married and had a child. moved onto pads. i claimed DA went through my CoC and claimed it (£1064) then my 2IC got wind and next thing i know im paying it back.

ive been over the jsp and im not sure and i get different answers from everyone.

07.0111. Mid-assignment Moves. DA is only payable for mid-assignment moves where the move of accommodation is for Service, compassionate, welfare or medical reasons. DA is not payable for mid-assignment moves between SLA. Where the Service person’s accommodation entitlement changes due to promotion or a change in the size of the immediate family (other than as a result of first setting up of home) the Service person will normally be entitled to a mid-assignment move and therefore the associated level of DA. The Service person must have an expectation of occupying the new property for at least 6 months. Mid-assignment moves for other personal reasons, including on estrangement, and for operational deployments do not give an entitlement to DA.

right it says,

"Where the Service person’s accommodation entitlement changes due to promotion or a change in the size of the immediate family (other than as a result of first setting up of home) the Service person will normally be entitled to a mid-assignment move and therefore the associated level of DA"

immediate family- i had a child?

"(other than as a result of first setting up of home)" what does this mean. i moved out at 17 went to training (set up home??)
    moved from phase 1 to 2 blah blah so on
    so what clarifies as first setting up of home????

welfare reasons- i had a child?

i dont know what it means id be greatful for any help
    thanks

2. u dont get it for first move into pads neither the last (ie ur getting out or divorced)
    any moves from pad to pad u get
    correct me if im wrong please

3. Sounds right on the button to me

4. My first move was into a private flat because there were no nearby quarters available (posting in Fallingbostel but quarters only available in Hohne). On my next posting to Paderborn, full removals and DA granted as this was classed as my second move).

5. Singley Accom to Pads, 1st move is not allowed

6. i know people phase 2 go from SLA to MQ and getting full DA and removals now paid for on there first move 8O

7. im after an answer like, you can claim it because....... you cant because.......

8. You can't because:

JSP 752 Capter 7 Section 1 Para 07.0111.

Mid-assignment Moves. DA is only payable for mid-assignment moves where the move of accommodation is for Service, compassionate, welfare or medical reasons. DA is not payable for mid-assignment moves between SLA. Where the Service person’s accommodation entitlement changes due to promotion or a change in the size of the immediate family (other than as a result of first setting up of home) the Service person will normally be entitled to a mid-assignment move and therefore the associated level of DA. The Service person must have an expectation of occupying the new property for at least 6 months. Mid-assignment moves for other personal reasons, including on estrangement, and for operational deployments do not give an entitlement to DA.

You have just got married and moved from SLA into SFA. If you have not lived as a couple before (and can provide evidence of having done so) then you are not entitled to DA as this is the first setting up of home (as a married couple).

You are not entitled to the child element. Para 07.0109 Sub-Para a refers:

The child is 3 years of age or over and receiving full-time education at a day school (including nursery school or technical college)

Clear enough?

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

The indicator here is that he's been told three times three different ways and it's still not going in..

10. legs reply makes sence cheers