• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Disturbance Allowance for rejoiner?

I returned to the Army recently after 6 years out. The paperwork I was given as my posting said that it was to be used as auth for removals, etc.
I applied for disturbance allowance and removals.
Disturbance was signed off but removals was declined. (I was kind of expecting this.) But then my unit withdrew my disturbance allowance.

Is this right? Am I not entitled to disturbance allowance as a re-joiner?

I returned to the Army recently after 6 years out. The paperwork I was given as my posting said that it was to be used as auth for removals, etc.
Disturbance was signed off but removals was declined. (I was kind of expecting this.) But then my unit withdrew my disturbance allowance.

Why would you be? Disturbance Allowance is to offset the cost and hardship of moving between assignments. You left the Army, then decided to join back up. you weren't "disturbed" by the Army, you did it yourself. Would you expect a new joiner to receive it?

I cannot see anything specific in https://assets.publishing.service.g...ent_data/file/720993/20180701-JSP_752_v35.pdf about Rejoiners and Disturbance Expense.
There are loads of reasons why you would not be entitled, have a read of the eligibilty, non eligibility, qualifying moves, non qualifying moves, qualifying residences, etc sections,
Alternatively, ask your HR bods why they withdrew it.

My HR is a triservice outfit and the Army guys tend to get very little assistance. It was them who authorised and then retracted it. They told me I had created a big debate as they were not sure I was allowed it and they had had to contact someone else for clarification which they received and was the reasoning behind authorising it in the first place.

Ask them why it was withdrawn then.
Have you bothered to read the salient sections of 752?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Write to SOLDIER Magazine. They are good at telling service personnel what they are not entitled to!