• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Disturbance Allowance - Double Tap

I've been paid this twice!

Following the theme of JPA cock ups, what's the score with re-paying it - can I avoid paying it back in a oner and can I say how much I am going to pay back and when or do I just have to take it on the chin?

I have followed the previous thread but I don't quite get it!

Adjt

Its not yours in the first place.

DON'T spend it!!!

Keep shtum, they may not notice and not ask for it back!

Apologies,just noticed you're an adj, integrity and all that.... plus you must be loaded!

Adjutant said:
I haven't spent it - but I didn't ask for it twice - and so I don't see why 'they' should tell me how I repay it!
Good.

Don't touch it, so when they do re-claim it, you won't be out of pocket!

Pyrex said:
Adjutant said:
I haven't spent it - but I didn't ask for it twice - and so I don't see why 'they' should tell me how I repay it!
Good.

Do touch it, put it into something that earns interest and hand it back when asked :)

SparkySteve said:
Pyrex said:
Adjutant said:
Good.

Do touch it, put it into something that earns interest and hand it back when asked :)
Good call!

Use it to buy Premium Bonds-redeem them when you have to pay it back and you might just win something in the meantime

Fellow Rocket Scientists...

It is earning interest. 'They' now want it back. I will give it back to them but I want to know chapter on verse on how I can do this...

Adjt

How much do you owe?

Say that you will pay by installments say £10.00 a week, so you are still earning interest on the remaining amount.

Hubby got overpaid DA 3 times, he let everyone know but was met with shruggy shoulders by all.
We put money aside ready to pay back when told....eventually he was given the option of pay it all back via cheque or four days gross pay will be taken from monthly pay.

Guess which option we chose?

How long does it take fore the DA to be paid?Applied for mine within the 28 days,had it authorised over JPA and have heard bugger all since.

Bootifull said:
Hubby got overpaid DA 3 times, he let everyone know but was met with shruggy shoulders by all.
We put money aside ready to pay back when told....eventually he was given the option of pay it all back via cheque or four days gross pay will be taken from monthly pay.

Guess which option we chose?
It's like a free loan isn't it?

Have a good Christmas that year??

Why not pay it back JPA stylee, 6 months after you were due to pay them it back..........If it can make you some cash in the meantime, then I'd go for it....

I take it that in QR's somewhere it states if you are overpaid you must repay it ? I only ask because my wife used to work in the finance dept of large civvy company and if they overpaid, they had to ask to have the money back but they could not take it back i.e. wage reductions in following months etc ?

The way they recover it will all depend on how it is "wiped" from the system by the JPAC.

If it is "purged" (ie: deleted from the system) it will be recovred in one lump sun, no warnings just will be taken from your pay. :cry:

However, if it is done as an NPD it will appear in your pay and be offset to make a debt. It will then begin to be recovered at 4 days pay 2 months after (ie: if it appears as debt in Seps pay it will be start being recovered in Nov)

Hope this helps.

Spud930 said:
How long does it take fore the DA to be paid?Applied for mine within the 28 days,had it authorised over JPA and have heard bugger all since.
Yep, same here. Was told it would be in the bank within the week or thereabouts.

Still waiting a month later.

New unit cant do fook all, cos they are not on JPA yet.

Old unit was on JPA.

northern_warrior said:
Spud930 said:
Yep, same here. Was told it would be in the bank within the week or thereabouts.

Still waiting a month later.

New unit cant do fook all, cos they are not on JPA yet.

Old unit was on JPA.
Many D/A are stuck in the system because the unit of the submitter have not set up an a'allowance checker' within their workflow. PM me with details if you want this checked.