Distance Question

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by viglen, May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the best way to mark a 1.5 mile distance from my house (excluding a car its digital -.-)

Thanks

2. First find out how tall you are, then divide 2.4km by your height (e.g. 2400m/ 1m 80cm = 1333.3)

Then fall flat on your face, draw a line on the tarmac at the top of your head, stand up with your toes at the line, then fall flat on your face again. Repeat the process until you have covered the required distance.

Best of luck
    T_T

3. Tie one end of a 1½ mile bit of string to your door knob, then walk away from your house paying it out as you go. When you reach the end, there you go.

Or you could use a map.

4. Rofl!

but i dont really have the money for reconstructive surgery
    at the moment. any other ideas?

5. Buy one of these,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1843481324/?tag=armrumser-21

Look at the scale, use a piece of string, work out your route!

Failing that get a piece of rope 0.75 miles long, tie one end to your door and the other end round your neck, run as fast as you can and when you come to a sudden stop, turn round and come back. :p

CC_TA

6. Sound advice, I am 1m 80cm tall that took the pain of calculation from me (I hope you got it right)!

I have just got back from working out a 10k loop. I hope the rain does not wash away my trail as some of the route was a bit technical crossing over a dual carridge and over some reclaimed pit land.

I would like to add its a must you do it during daylight hours unless you have a good hi vis jacket, three times I had to roll out of a potentially catastrophic meeting with a moving vehicle.

7. Thanks mate just what i needed

8. wow its 3am dont you ppl sleep?

im usally up this late but i wasnt expeting a reply till tomorrow. lol

btw thanks for all the replys this forum has helped me alot and insured me of things i was unsure about ¬_¬

9. No problem. I need to find out myself. Some people are just funny on here because this topic has been covered lots of times.

10. yeah i understand i would be the same it was a stupid question i didnt have a map handy the website was perfect.

11. Good luck with the running mate!

CC_TA

12. Thanks im gonna start comeing on here regularly :headbang:

13. Best way is to download Google Earth and type in postcode....there is a toolbar called Ruler with two tabs (Line and Path), select Path tab then just mark the distance via google map.....i use this alot and it is very accurate