Distance Question

First find out how tall you are, then divide 2.4km by your height (e.g. 2400m/ 1m 80cm = 1333.3)

Then fall flat on your face, draw a line on the tarmac at the top of your head, stand up with your toes at the line, then fall flat on your face again. Repeat the process until you have covered the required distance.

Best of luck
T_T

Tie one end of a 1½ mile bit of string to your door knob, then walk away from your house paying it out as you go. When you reach the end, there you go.

Or you could use a map.

Tartan_Terrier said:
First find out how tall you are, then divide 2.4km by your height (e.g. 2400m/ 1m 80cm = 1333.3)

Then fall flat on your face, draw a line on the tarmac at the top of your head, stand up with your toes at the line, then fall flat on your face again. Repeat the process until you have covered the required distance.

Best of luck
T_T
Sound advice, I am 1m 80cm tall that took the pain of calculation from me (I hope you got it right)!

I have just got back from working out a 10k loop. I hope the rain does not wash away my trail as some of the route was a bit technical crossing over a dual carridge and over some reclaimed pit land.

I would like to add its a must you do it during daylight hours unless you have a good hi vis jacket, three times I had to roll out of a potentially catastrophic meeting with a moving vehicle.

wow its 3am dont you ppl sleep?

im usally up this late but i wasnt expeting a reply till tomorrow. lol

btw thanks for all the replys this forum has helped me alot and insured me of things i was unsure about ¬_¬

Best way is to download Google Earth and type in postcode....there is a toolbar called Ruler with two tabs (Line and Path), select Path tab then just mark the distance via google map.....i use this alot and it is very accurate

Mennox said:
Best way is to download Google Earth and type in postcode....there is a toolbar called Ruler with two tabs (Line and Path), select Path tab then just mark the distance via google map.....i use this alot and it is very accurate
Thats what I do as well.. works very well. My old personal best for 1 mile was 11 minutes.. I was getting so incredibly frustrated because I was running like hell and still clocking a pretty terrible time... then I used google earth and found out that my mile was actually 1.7miles.. wasnt funny at the time.

J.

JayCam said:
Mennox said:
Thats what I do as well.. works very well. My old personal best for 1 mile was 11 minutes.. I was getting so incredibly frustrated because I was running like hell and still clocking a pretty terrible time... then I used google earth and found out that my mile was actually 1.7miles.. wasnt funny at the time.

J.
I also recommend Google Earth. And Jay i did exactly the same lol. Ive just had my second BMF class and i love every second of it even though i feel like i'm dieing at time hehe.

Or you could find out where your local running track is, if you have one. It should be 400 metres long, run 6 times round that. Although also train on road to get used to the surface.

Steed1988 said:
Or you could find out where your local running track is, if you have one. It should be 400 metres long, run 6 times round that. Although also train on road to get used to the surface.
Yeah, and grass. I found it really hard to run on grass after loads of road training.. its surprisingly different.

J.

Could always run a known distance and count your paces.

If it takes me 120 paces to cover 100m, then I know 1.2 paces/m. From that 2400m = 2400 * 1.2 paces = 2880 paces.

Then you just run for 2880 paces, and that's your mile and a half.

Latest Threads