Distance Learning in the Pit

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by parasigs, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys

Im currently working for an American company in Iraq. Im looking at doing a distance learning Business course, hopefully leading to a degree.

The open Uni are about as flexible as an unflexible thing so I was wondering what studies other people have completed and with which institutions/universities? Doesnt have to be business I am open to suggestions but primarily i was looking at a business course. And made up of individual courses making up a points system.

I would also be interested in short courses.

Thanx in advance for any help guys-much appreciated.
  2. I have seen a leaflet in our local AEC for Home Learning Direct

They offer Business Skills courses and seem to offer special rates for forces

Worth a look?
  3. You must be joking, parasigs, I've just finished a BA Hons in Business with the OU and it was totally flexible. I did 2 x ICT courses (T209 and T305), a single level 1 course (DD100), 2 x Level 2 business courses (B200, B202) and a post-grad one (B713) - all over about 7 years. They've got loads of good courses and you just map them together.

4. Im taking back what I said about the OU. Turns out I can get very close to a degree without having to do courses that require a final exam which obviously would have been difficult.

Just Tutor Marked Assessments and a final assignment. Just gotta get the Mrs to forward on textbooks to Baggers and send my final assessment back at the end as it has to be a hard copy. Seems quite do-able.

Poison Dwarf-Where where you when you were studying?

Cheers all