Distance Learning A-Level

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Timble, May 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

I'm looking at studying for a couple of distance learning A-Levels (Chemistry & Biology). Are there any academic establishments you'd recommend/advise me to avoid?

2. National Extension College

Never used them myself (OU student), but the education centre recommended these.

Have you thought about a degree?

Good luck either way! :D
  3. Already have a BSc, but when I get out I'm looking at doing a Veterinary degree, and Biology & Chemistry are pre-requisites!

But thanks for the steer.

Edited for mong spelling.
  4. msr

msr LE

5. Just waiting for them to get back to me - thought i'd start the ball rolling before then, as i'm off somewhere warm & sandy soon. Cheers though - not seen their ArmyNet page before.

6. can one really do distance learning on chem & bio? i would think you'd do a fair amount of lab work (no, not the garage type) to do experiments and such, and some do require proper instrumentation, safety, chemicals, etc. just wondering...
  7. Might be able to find a sympathetic local college who are willing to come to some sort of arrangement/accommodation...