Dissolution of the RAF?

Should the RAF be placed in suspended animation?

• Yes

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely and I am basing my assumptions that RAF "mess stewards" fulfilling the current role will be bound by the Forces official secrets act. Whether or not ths can be applied to civillians I do not know, there is also the question of partnering long term.
Seriously?

The OSA applies to all. Whether one has signed it or not.

As if it needed pointing out, mess stewards are far less likely to come into contact with classified information than say an ATCO or a civvy bench tech in station workshops.

Seriously?

The OSA applies to all. Whether one has signed it or not.

As if it needed pointing out, mess stewards are far less likely to come into contact with classified information than say an ATCO or a civvy bench tech in station workshops.
The point I am making is that if a "mess steward" threatens or even implies that he has information of a risque nature about the "preferences" of a RAF Officer then he will be in some listening station in Greenland within the day, If it were a civvy, well you can't just sack someone for blabbing down the pub.

T

Tinman74

The point I am making is that if a "mess steward" threatens or even implies that he has information of a risque nature about the "preferences" of a RAF Officer then he will be in some listening station in Greenland within the day, If it were a civvy, well you can't just sack someone for blabbing down the pub.
Go on admit it you've been drinking again!

No , No drinking, I just cannot understand why in this day and age there is a need for mess stewards for anyone. Senior hospital staff don't need someone to make up their rooms, senior police officers have drivers who do just that. If mess stewardship were binned tomorrow what would the dire consequences be? It's not as if the aircrew are going to throw a hissy and leave is it?

Those are suggestions other than the obvious bombing of the vicinity of Hamburg, Berlin, Dresden, Munich and the countryside around a few of the railway marshalling yards from the channel coast to the Ukraine border?
Happy to help...

Status
Not open for further replies.