Dissolution of the RAF?

Should the RAF be placed in suspended animation?

• Yes

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RAF Regiment could swallow the army seeing how we are never putting boots on the ground again.

Give it 5 years and the entire army will be small enough to amalgamate into 1 regiment anyway.

Rocks could easily use them for Canteen Wrecking Duties.
Edited for accuracy.

Alamo

LE
Any one who suggest this, especially when followed by "the RN/Army could do it" is either: A. saying it to be a twat, or, B. has absolutely no idea how little they actually know, and doesn't realise how much of a twat they sound.

Well, if Jeremy Corbyn was PM, he would be looking at disbanding the RAF and the Army and the Royal Navy!!
I thought it was only the nasty, bangy, scary, aggressive side of the armed forces he didn't like. He's fine for the blokes to guard the country's mung bean stocks and for emergency macrame duty.

Well, if Jeremy Corbyn was PM, he would be looking at disbanding the RAF and the Army and the Royal Navy!!
And the salvation army probably

Keep the pilots and aircrew on by all means but the rest of them? What couldn't be outsourced? At least that's the way bean counters think.

Keep the pilots and aircrew on by all means but the rest of them? What couldn't be outsourced? At least that's the way bean counters think.
You haven't been following RAF matters very much have you?

Air | Babcock International Group PLC

RAF Linton-on-Ouse - Babcock

The RAF have aggressively outsourced as much as they can for quite some time. MT, ATC, Messing, Facilities Management etc. Anyone left in is core to their operational requirements. If you can find anyone who has put up with the shite that the Tornado force has for the past twenty years and keep them then good luck to you.

CmdKeen

Old-Salt
I was up at Lossiemouth in the spring and they had personnel working in the Wardroom which you won't see in any RN establishment. Despite the fact that we still have stewards at sea who need a shore draft.

Alamo

LE
I was up at Lossiemouth in the spring and they had personnel working in the Wardroom which you won't see in any RN establishment. Despite the fact that we still have stewards at sea who need a shore draft.
That 'Wardroom' would be the Officers' Mess I presume? Some stns still have service stewards because there are roles they undertake which can't be done by civilians.

Is it RNAS Lossiemouth again? I really must keep up, missed the announcement.

Are you complaining that they have stewards or that the RN has too many stewards? Get them retrained as engineers, I hear that there's a shortage.

That 'Wardroom' would be the Officers' Mess I presume? Some stns still have service stewards because there are roles they undertake which can't be done by civilians.
Well I think you'll find they can find people from civilian society to fulfil certain roles. Trawl the gay bars and you will find suitable "Stewards".

Well I think you'll find they can find people from civilian society to fulfil certain roles. Trawl the gay bars and you will find suitable "Stewards".
I do believe that is the BA standard recruitment process for soup jockeys.

I do believe that is the BA standard recruitment process for soup jockeys.
Absolutely and I am basing my assumptions that RAF "mess stewards" fulfilling the current role will be bound by the Forces official secrets act. Whether or not ths can be applied to civillians I do not know, there is also the question of partnering long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads