Dissidents 'planning to attack London 2012 Olympics'?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HHH, Apr 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

2. Dunno, but the IRA used to do full recces on targets in the UK (and elsewhere) during the good old days. There is quite a lot of info in that Torygraph report so I guess there's a reason behind it being pushed out now.

3. By dissidents, do they mean UK taxpayers...?

4. If so include me in.

5. I'm not going,so I don't really care.

6. This was also covered by the LES so curious as to the source, and further revelations/discoveries (that will be publicised anyway) on the build up,

However a certain forthcoming HP event with 'up to' 5000 officers on duty along with 70-80 CPO's dealing with VIP's (public domain) will be kept busy throughout, and keep those in the Met's Op's room earning their shilling untill it's all over...

7. Gregg's opening yet another pie shop?

8. I thought the worst thing that would happen at the royal wedding is Peter Dow dribbling somewhere along the procession.

I ian't heard of this new republican bunch till recently but clearly whoever names these bunchs are still really fecking unoriginal. If the worst came to the worst I would expect them to have to endure a significant backlash possibly from emebers of the community they "represent"

9. is this not just a way of saying we are watching you, we know what your up to. why would they allow the media to publish this and ruin the chances of catching them in the act

10. Makes a bit more sense?

11. Security theater (or whatever you call it)? Reminds people that the security services are watching and have tabs of the naughty people, makes people feel safe.

12. They didn't seem to be overly worried about who they killed last time round,so why would it worry them now?I don't remember them asking if any tourists were present in Warrington,The Tower of London,or Downing St.to name a few places.It didn't harm "the cause"to much,did it?

13. Reckon they have to get in line, isn't AQ first.

14. I think there will be a few more yanks/aussies etc at the olympics.