Dissertation on the Mau Mau uprising

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by hist2011, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I am currently conducting research for a dissertation on the Mau Mau uprising. My grandfather served as a Colonial Policeman during the emergency, mostly in Nairobi leading tracker teams. Sadly he is long deceased. During my on-going research I am ultimately trying to gain access to some of those who served during the conflict, or any other witnesses related to the British Army or Colonial Police there. The aim would be to document any discussions, even through email, and present them as primary evidence within my dissertation. If you have any connection to the emergency i'd be extremely grateful for any information you can provide.

2. Have you asked Barry Obama? He has a great story about it apparently.
  3. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Follow the link in my sig block. Then PM me with any other questions you might have.
  4. Thanks for the link, very helpful thread. May take you up on the offer of asking further questions, thank you.

Ha, don't get me started..
  5. Thanks for the links, all very helpful. Really appreciate all of the replies.