Dissertation: Health constructs and attitudes influencing combat readiness.

Frizzle

Swinger
I’m a 3rd year undergraduate student at Birmingham City University and conducting a study for my dissertation research on factors around health constructs and attitudes influencing combat readiness. I would like to ask if I could post my research questionnaire on your forum/ group page to recruit possible participants. I aim to recruit roughly around 300 participants that are over the age of 18. The project has been approved by the Ministry of Defence Research Ethics Committee and the Psychology Research Ethics Committee and are in line with the regulations outlined by the British Psychological society, therefore participants have the right to withdraw their data during and up to 14 days after they completed the questionnaires.

https://blss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bygjhtZ3CMQkQCx

Have you asked the owners of this site if you can use it for your publicity purposes?

You've posted 2 threads on it now.

Have you asked the owners of this site if you can use it for your publicity purposes?

You've posted 2 threads on it now.
It's hardly publicity is it. The OP is just asking for a hand in their research. I don't see an issue with it. Besides if you read the post they are actually asking for permission be that from the site admin or individual contributors.
I.E. No issue.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Assuming it's legitimate and not a phishing type scam trying to harvest the details of soldiers/former soldiers. No-one actually knows who the poster is and their legitimacy.

Cynical? Yes I am.

Frizzle

Swinger
Assuming it's legitimate and not a phishing type scam trying to harvest the details of soldiers/former soldiers. No-one actually knows who the poster is and their legitimacy.

Cynical? Yes I am.
As the participants information suggest... there are no personal information collected, you are only referred to as the candidate number you create. Thank you

Again, just asking for info about the psychology, it's hardly chucking secrets to Ivan (no offence).
I think a proper psychological study could be of benefit.
Yes it has been done before, however what is to say that something good could come of it.
Yes we are a different breed and as such I understand why people want to know what makes us tick, but I also realise that that knowledge is useful when shit does not go to plan and people **** up.
You never know that at some point someones research could help you! I'm not his/her Dad btw. Just being objective,

I got part way through and became depressed. Which University do I sue?

Cynical? Yes I am.

I'd be very surprised if they knew to say it had passed BPS ethics.

I’m a 3rd year undergraduate student at Birmingham City University and conducting a study for my dissertation research on factors around health constructs and attitudes influencing combat readiness. I would like to ask if I could post my research questionnaire on your forum/ group page to recruit possible participants. I aim to recruit roughly around 300 participants that are over the age of 18. The project has been approved by the Ministry of Defence Research Ethics Committee and the Psychology Research Ethics Committee and are in line with the regulations outlined by the British Psychological society, therefore participants have the right to withdraw their data during and up to 14 days after they completed the questionnaires.

https://blss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bygjhtZ3CMQkQCx

I know someone who teaches on your course - good luck with the project. I've been out of the army since 2005, so I doubt I am part of your target demography (you may wish to state if you are looking to only include still serving, otherwise people who have only recently left within a specific time frame). You might also want to consider approaching some military Facebook groups too.

Good luck!

I got part way through and became depressed. Which University do I sue?
My lad is doing a dissertation at the mo, I agree its a shed load of words, that can be summed up in a few sentences in general.
However the OP is doing it, in fairness with a subject in mind that may be of benefit. Not the usual study of "rare transgender vegan moths of the norfolk broads"
:-D

Latest Threads