dispute resolution with ebay

Has anyone any advice?
I put a camper on Ebay last week for buy it now £14000
and some mong two days ago hit the buy it now button, all good sofar, but then a follow up message saying he offered £9500, so not sold but ebay thinks it was and billed me £56, how do I get through to them and tell them there was no sale so I shouldn't be billed?

endure

GCM
Ebay where buyers are thicker than the entire Labour shadow cabinet

My eBay fees come off my account on a monthly invoice. This gives me time (depending on when the sale hit in the month) before I actually pay anything.
When I’m paid PayPal take their cut, and ebays is taken later

Whatever happens open a non payment dispute, but you can’t do that for about 48 hours after the sale
The buyer may be able to cancel their purchase (which requires you to say yes - in case you have already sent it if they had paid)
If they can cancel the purchase then you accept it and your fees get cancelled / credited back

For all means do try to speak to a person, but you may just get pushed back for not following the processes and end up with it all taking longer

wafubustard

War Hero
Good luck. Speak with someone at ebay and paypal.

We had someone buy something then raised a dispute as a photo was different to the actual item however the description clarified situation. We told her to send the item back but she wanted a refund of half the price. In the end ebay told her to return it for te refund we had already offered.
She obtained proof of posting and sent that back to ebay who then refunded rhe cost of the item before we had the item in our hands.
Once it arrived with us it seemed rather light in weight so we filmed it being opened.
The cheeky fat belfing munter had opened the product and returned an empty container. On complaining to ebay the said rhat the item has been returned and we have nothing to complain about as it was her who opened the dispute.
I took a long time to explain that the contents of the container were missing and it was theft.
Ebay still did nothing until I complained to the police about the theft/ fraud and named ebay as an accomplice.
Only then did we get the money back.

Ebay the thieving twats.

PS

Make sure that any and every communication between buyer & seller go through eBay
If any other contact details have been provided and are used then copy/paste into the messenger as confirmation and to keep the records. That will be used by eBay if the situation is prolonged or later gets disputed

Another addendum is that if things aren’t going well then use every avenue available.
I had a problem recently with a couple of purchases that were meant to go to the garage in Amesbury as a parcel collection point - normally inconvenient but I needed the items to go away for the weekend and that gave me up to the very last minute to stop on the way to pick up

Seller 1 correctly printed the label with collection reference but the courier constantly failed to find the 24 hour / late night garage with a variety of reasons on the tracking, including address does not exist and recipient not at home and returning to sender
This was a major pain, but the seller just acknowledged and refunded. They were going to then claim back from the courier for failure to deliver when they finally had it returned

The 2nd seller (I believe) failed to put down the reference (on two packages) so the garage would not accept delivery
(They also made a typo with one of the tracking references on eBay)
By getting the correct tracking reference I could see both packages going back and forth, and also ‘returned to sender’ but never arriving back to them
(I believe that they also had not put down a return address - thus they were in limbo)
I ended up disputing both on both eBay and PayPal.
For the one with the tracking error eBay refunded straight away (invalid tracking)
For the one with correct tracking eBay went through the full process with time delays on each step while the seller refused to respond
As return tracking never completed the eBay dispute stayed open - to be closed and refunded on arrival
The PayPal dispute followed on and once finally timing out automatically refunded to me

..... what they did keep doing was messaging me saying that it’s my fault for not collecting from the post office.
It wasn’t to go there, as it was the sorting office was closed at any time I could get there.
I made a specific trip and sat outside for them to open, only to be told that she knew the packages I was on about but they had already been sent back out
The only way I could intercept was to be a psychic and be waiting as the postman arrived / left .... and then have the issue of interfering with the post

endure

GCM
what they did keep doing was messaging me saying that it’s my fault for not collecting from the post office.
It wasn’t to go there, as it was the sorting office was closed at any time I could get there.
I made a specific trip and sat outside for them to open, only to be told that she knew the packages I was on about but they had already been sent back out
The only way I could intercept was to be a psychic and be waiting as the postman arrived/left.... and then have the issue of interfering with the post

Here I also want to suggest your reader who usually travels one place to another they must visit Airlines Gethuman that offer the best deals to book you. So do hurry and avail the best deals and get rid of to check different websites for offers.
Reported

Latest Threads