Disposing of a corpse

Skimming through the Biffa-sponsored Corrie McKeague thread I got to wondering if there really is a perfect way of disposing of a corpse? The landfill only ever got searched because there was a strong suspicion he was there, otherwise it would seem to be the perfect place. Surely if you diced a body up and stuffed it into well sealed garden bin bags and put it out with the garbage, that would be the last anyone would ever see of it? Shallow graves don't seem to work too well as they often randomly seem to be discovered, normally by dog walkers - Levi Bellfield didn't do a very good job despite the large size of Yately forest and clearly if he'd put a bit more effort in he'd be eligible for parole by the time he's 85 if it hadn't been for that pesky kid.

Any thoughts / experience on the perfect way to dispose of a body - research for a book I'm writing with Pete Townsend :)

Who?

I would think that disposal through the old wood chipper, sprayed out across a stream, followed by washing it with bleach and parking it up next to the nearest pikey camp should be both the most efficient and expedient way ahead.

Last edited:
Bearing in mind as a society we manage to pile through a gazzillion tons of meat every year it shouldn't be too difficult.
The key is patience, large freezers and good butchering skills. And a lump hammer/system to smash bones

I’m no expert, but I reckon that often a lot of the difficulty would lie with moving the body from where the person died to point of disposal without being seen, and also the forensic trail you would leave - in the house (if that’s where you were starting), clothes, tools, car etc

Your bed-time reading library must be fascinating!:eek:
Well, it's either that or watch "Married At First Sight". Mind you, I feel like killing someone after seeing just the ads for that show.

Just finished reading "Catch 22", now about a third of the way through "Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited:
Who?

I would think that disposal through the old wood chipper, sprayed out across a stream, followed by washing it with bleach and parking it up next to the nearest pikey camp should be both the most efficient and expedient way ahead.
If you are sure to remove all jewelry first. A number of years ago an airline pilot from Connecticut sought an alternative to divorce. Used a woodchopper in a wooded area. He forgot to remove her wedding ring, with initials and date engraved on the inside. All soft tissue, bone fragments had disappeared due to foxes, owls, fishers, etc.

As to forensic trail, in 1983 a professor in Massachusetts, William Douglas, disposed of his mistress in a variety of dumpsters. The body was never found but a tiny fragment of tissue on a sledgehammer in his car was identified as 1) brain tissue from deep in the brain 2) by DNA testing it could be shown to be from the victim, Robin Benedict. Oddly enough, Douglas was a professor of cellular biology at Tufts Medical School who knew a great deal about DNA and tissue but he failed to clean his hammer.