Disposal of Human Remains!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Apr 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Now I've got your attention.

Just been channel surfing and caught the last few minutes of a Larry Hagman Biopic. They were talking about death and burial versus cremation and Ole Larry pipes up with.

" I want to be put through a chipper and spread over a quater of an acre of land so I can really get back to nature, the worms and bugs can do their thing and maybe someone could plant some wheat or better some marajuana that way people could come along pick some and say "you want a bit of Larry" every one could get high on me"

I've always fancied being burnt on a copy of a viking long ship anyone else for whacky disposals?

2. I thought the favourite one was to be cremated and have the ashes scattered over the wife's stair-carpet.

3. Great, finally thought it would be a topic i can add real good information too.

The viking longship bit sounds class or the bed of logs with fire underneath (i.e TROY)

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well guess that one way to get the wife to suck you up! Only bloody way the ex would have done.

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

The Romano Brits used to do that, some times they would dig a pit and build the pyre over it that way the ashes collapsed into the pit and they just back filled it. Bloody good way to be seen off with all your mates around getting sh1t faced round the bonfire. But please no baked potatoes hey!

6. I am planning to have my remains committed to the deep, along with my ex.

She can't swim.

7. I want to be buried in my very own tomb, with booby traps. And I want to be put in a camp scary pose, a bit like something out of Scooby Doo.

8. I want to be fired out of a cannon into the sun

9. I don't want to die

10. I just want to know the place I'm going to die, then I can avoid going anywhere near it

11. I always thought being stuffed and mounted would be right and proper..

Recall Roy Rogers saying just that to Johnny Carson many a moon ago.. Said when he went he wanted to be stuffed and mounted on Trigger [ who had the procedure done to him ] who was on display in the Roy Rogers Museum..
    Johnny, that great comic lad, sugested he might find it more enjoyable to be stuffed and mounted on Dale.

that was edited out of the broadcast but legend has it, the tape still exists....

12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'd like a Military Funeral presided over by a Religious Advisor from Hash House Harriers.

Bagpipes and Hash songs followed by down downs all round!

My ashes to be mixed with flour and used to lay my final Hash trail.

On On and On!

13. I want to be cremated and secretly added to a large vat of vagisil.

14. i wouldnt mind being cremated, ground up and snorted by keith richards.

15. I'd like to be turned into some sort of animatronic "robo-corpse" - that way I could go on frightening and disturbing people for a few more weeks - well until I begin to fall apart anyway.