• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Disposable Asthma Spacers

throwing this one out to arrse. Im trying to design a flatpack asthma spacer, that can be made from an A3 piece of card. Ive made a basic cuboid with a slot for the inhaler at one end and another for he mouthpiece. Where I'm struggling is trying to make a mouthpiece, similar to a dust mask that can be folded together and my tiny mind is struggling with the angles. Any ideas?

I take it the mouthpiece in a dust-mask style is for a Paed application?

My eldest, and patients I've treated, now only use the end opening of the Volumatic spacer. So if it was for a neo-nate/v. young child app, do you know the % of uses in this catergory against asthmatic adults/teens?

Does it have to be disposable, or would collapsible do? The technology that allows roll mats and airbeds to re-assume their shape (plastics with a memory) would presumably work. I'll bet there's something that we all look at regularly which could be adapted - not a 2 litre plastic bottle, or a football, but something like that.

muzungu_marlow said:
throwing this one out to arrse. Im trying to design a flatpack asthma spacer, that can be made from an A3 piece of card. Ive made a basic cuboid with a slot for the inhaler at one end and another for he mouthpiece. Where I'm struggling is trying to make a mouthpiece, similar to a dust mask that can be folded together and my tiny mind is struggling with the angles. Any ideas?

You might find the answer here. http://www.core77.com/blog/educatio...d_medical_schools_team_up_on_respira_7263.asp

Latest Threads