Dispel the Myth

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Legs, Dec 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where does the phrase 'It's too cold for snow' come from, and is there any truth in it?

Personally I think it's a load of hogwash. It's minus lots in the Arctic, yet it snows there. So how can it be too cold in the UK/Europe?

2. Dunno, but i got bored and found this:

Found here: The Weather Prediction

3. Here's some other weird shite for you - the great lakes set off their own weather patterns e.g. Buffalo NY is at the end of Lake Erie and gets a crap load of snow annualy whereas Toronto seperated from Buffalo by Lake Ontario gets next to nothing, BUT, 15 miles north of TO & beyond they get a crap load of snow coming in off Lake Huron.

Store this useless info in your noggin until some twot spouts off about "to cold for snow"and push this in his face.

4. In Europe it usually snows when it's around 0 to -5 C, but here in Canada it snows even if it's -15 C, or colder. And last week in Montreal something which I didn't think possible happened: a snowstorm, with temperatures of -15, 30 cm of snow, 50 km/hr wind, and lightning and thunder, all at the same time.

5. one of my mates is called snowy, he hates it when its cold so stays in therefore:

'its too cold for snowy'

hope this helps.

6. That's because Montreal needs DUMPING on.

7. People must have been shaking hands and saying goodby, thinking it's the end of the world.

8. but in french with cheese and wine

9. fromage ,vin

10. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

humidity is the magic word

well - that's at least what i remember having learned at school ;)