Dispatches; How they squander out billions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS This government should should all be shot ,It is uneffin believable
  2. just watching it! Incedible incompetence on every level. quite amusing that it followed an up-beat labour political broadcast( in a very negative, anti-Tory way) , the same old muppets trying to convince they have it all under control!!
  3. Seriously interested in a link or where I can find what is being said.
  4. Shold be on Channel 4 .com latter
  5. Urge to kill rising! The f#cking cheek of that one eyed idiot complaining about the shadow banking sector and for years his sole activity is spending money that wasn't his, borrowing debts he doesn't have to pay back and all the while doing accounting gymnastics to keep it off the public books. Its the shadow government debt that worries me.

No wonder they plan on printing money! The phrase that is burnt into the back of my retina from my days as a spotty economics student was 'inflation is a tax on holding money' so now the government have basically decided to tax every saver and prudent person in an attempt to undue to public and private spending splurge of the nineties and early 2000!

example: Network rail has debts of £21Bn. A 'private' company totally owned by the government but the debts are not on the public books! WTF?

I haven't even begun to fathom the scale of debts now kicked to touch by the banking sector!

The stat given on the programme is £105bn per year wasted. That's £5,250 per taxpayer per year!
  6. It was a fantastic ad for the Tories! It basically said as ZANU Labour our solution is spend, they'll come in and cut and save! Excellent! I'll have some of that.

edited for spelling mishtakes!
  7. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

8. meridian

Did they, didnt know that. Do you have a link?
  9. <-------- Well, only we can make that happen...

Come on Ma'am, issue the codeword and we'll get to it. :twisted:
  10. Here's a link to a Google search. Choose any one:

From Polly:

"The TPA is a rightwing lobby whose finances are opaque, but which was founded, and is staffed, by former Conservative party councillors and researchers. Its advisory council consists of luminaries of the free-market right: Ruth Lea, who was head of policy at the Institute of Directors; Madsen Pirie, of the Adam Smith Institute; and Professors Minogue and Minford, leading lights in Margaret Thatcher's economic firmament. With a full-time staff of 10, it digs and delves to produce "facts" and "figures" designed to undermine trust in everything in the public sector".
  11. Our Labour Council is squandering millions on projects like that one in West Brom. One of them previously failed as a private concern but the Lefties seem to think that they can make it work. At a build cost of £18million that will probably rise to £24milllion and then be a drain on the local council tax payers for several years whilst it sits empty, until they finaly admit defeat and give it away to a private sector investor.

12. Look, I'm sorry to p!ss on your parade, but this is not news - Gordon has been wasting our hard earned wad since the one-eyed g!t got his hands on the keys to No 11, and has been given an easy ride by politicos and media who should have been scrutinising his every move.

What does amaze me is the number of so-called economics 'gurus' who have suddenly discovered that we've tumbled over the edge of the cliff. It's been obvious for at least 3 years that we were heading for deep shite and they're trying to make out that no one saw it coming - b0ll0cks.

BTW, is Professor Minogue Kylies dad?
  13. This one's the killer, a lot of that cash came from the City, the tax paid by the high earners on salaries and bonuses and on the profits of the banks. The tap has been turned off, there's no more cash. The banks are now in the hands of former Trots and Communists.

Cattletrucked is the word that springs to mind.
  14. meridian

Saying they want to look at public sector pensions is not quite the same as cutting soldiers pensions. And even if they were looking at public sector pensions in a wider context then all public sectors pensions should be examined critically

The UK has a public sector pensions time bomb and we can't simply stick our head in the sand and hope it will go away.

The TPA does of course have a political agenda but then so what, are we all too stupid to look at what they do in a critical fashion. And please dont quote Polly Toynbe as some paragon of impartiality