Dispatches - Fighting the Taliban (Channel 4 Monday 8th 8PM)

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by The_0ne, Jan 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a heads up that tomorrow on channel 4 is a new series of dispatches, the first one being in Helmand Province entitled "Fighting the Taliban.

Sounds very similar to the one Panorama ran on the BBC before christmas following the royal marines in helmand??

Source - Dispatches - Fighting the Taliban

2. Cheers for that. As you say does sound a lot like the panorama one but I'll watch it anyways
  3. Bump!!!!

This is on TONIGHT!
  4. Thanks for that - will make sure I watch it.
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Pre- piece about the programme in Sunday Mirror here.

Second part is on Thursday at 11 pm.

Le Chevre
  6. The programme was well worth watching. I am filled with admiration for the conduct of all who serve there, and just hope that, were I still serving, I could do as well as these.
  7. Was a good programme, Nothing change's blokes on the ground getting fcukd around by those back at BG HQ, it showed what a outstanding job the lads are doing out there, Even though they are not getting the support they need. Hats off to em
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Part 2 is on tonight at 2305rs.
  9. I was just going out of the door when this started, stupid girlfriend and her stupid friends, the only decent thing on TV in the last year and i have to miss it.

Does anyone know if this going to be repeated (Channel 4, More 4) i can't download it from Channel 4 on demand as i no longer inhabit the squalid little mess that is the UK, (I live in a more squalid country now, they just dont make me pay through the nose for it)

Or for the more techincally minded can i get hold of it through bittorrent /utube etc

All help much appreciated
  10. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

You can find the whole thing on You tube in four parts. I would link it but im shit with computers. Its very enlightening especially when you see the troops having to eat corn cobs from the local fields because rats not getting through. SNAFU Cheers Tony enjoy your lunch!
  11. here you go

fighting the taliban
  12. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Cheers Butler,
    You will be pleased to hear (if you dont already know) that the Blues and Royals officer featured was awarded a well earned Military Cross for an action which took place just after they filmed this programme. Honi soit qui mal y get the firing point swept! As Harry would say.