Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by California_Tanker, Aug 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK.. This is bizarre.

C'mon kids, let's go to Army World!

Tuesday, August 8, 2006; Posted: 9:52 a.m. EDT (13:52 GMT)

FORT BELVOIR, Virginia (AP) -- The Army is considering a proposal to allow a private developer to build a military-themed park that would include Cobra Gunship rides and bars including a "1st Division Lounge."

Military officials said a massive entertainment and hotel complex built next to a national Army museum could draw more than 1 million people a year. But authorities in Fairfax County are objecting because of already traffic-clogged roads surrounding the proposed site.

(Continues on linked site)

2. So will we see D-Day, the ride? Or perhaps "Desert Adventure"? :roll:
  3. Walts will think they've died and gone to heaven.
  4. Great idea. Lets have a British Army world. I sugest we use the site of my mums pub. Every kid gets thier own pair of "dessie wellies" & maroon T-shirt on entrance (drain pipe jeans & fleece cost extra). They are then force fed several gallons of beer before fighting with one another, then lapsing into one big bezzering session. Where they can offer thier sisters hand in marrige to thier new chums. Before telling them they,ll rip thier fcukin liver out if they fcuk her about. Its a roller coaster ride kids !!!!!!

Once you have finished your day in "British Army world" you are kicked out on the street without a care in the world & told to be a good boy/girl.
    Do come back again !!!

5. "george" will tell "tony" we need to go there so we will all probably end up there anyway. :x :x :x :x
  6. Sounds very much like the kids' tour at the RA Firepower Museum, Woolwich.
  7. Will there be a turn up late for the big wars ride too?
  8. will they have a form of the Ol' style photography where their head is digtised onto that of someone doing a HALO? Or a ride where they are the first through the window of the embassy? with a small nominal charge to have the certificate to prove this. Or you could have a part where the people who are in get to sweep gradges while they see the people outside picked out of the line and taken straigh to the big rides? :D
  9. Instead of queueing anyone who forms a line does a litter sweep
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Will this be an opportunity for the Septics to do yet another re-write of history to enable them to show that the Good ole US of A did not win every war since mankind began on their own!
  11. I wonder if you can queue up for pictures & get autographs of all the characters...

'Mommy, I want a Patton, NOW!!!!!!'

'So who was that guy's picture we got?'
    'Think it was Dan Daly'
    'What film was he in'
  12. If Patton were to be there he'd just have to be in the medical centre, accusing the kids of cowardice and slapping them about a bit before sending them back out to break the other leg.
  13. I wonder if Pte Golden has applied for a job there yet??
  14. Let's face it, America will always build everything bigger and better than we ever could. They will probably have investors queing up to chuck money their way, they are so patriotic. Our 'Army World' would be one very old landrover being driven round a car park with several unimpressed looking kids!

15. Brilliant idea!!!

They increased the recruiting age, 'cos they can't get anyone to join to get shot at... but that didn't work...

So now Uncle Sam can give the little kids candy... and hope they will step into his truck.

What a dodgy bunch of entrepreneurs they are!