Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dismissals For Failing CDT Tests On The Rise

You seem to have the rather shit argument that alcohol can be bad, so why not have drug use.
Classic whataboutism from the man Kron.

I've been pissed. And badly stoned.
I know how to handle one, but not the other... which frightened me into giving it up.
Crux of the whole argument -one knows what one is getting when you buy booze, and what effect it will have , in what quantity. And pretty much for how long.*
With dope (or any other narcotic), you don't.

*-which is why morning-after breathalysers catch a lot of people.

How many times in that 38 years did use illegal substances ?

Twice, both before the age of 20 when I was a Sapper, both times at home on leave and both times when attempting to get into a girls knickers. I didn't smoke and I think the tobacco had more effect than the pot.

I was young and foolish and had I been caught the Army would have been deprived of my spectacularly mediocre career ^~

Twice, both before the age of 20 when I was a Sapper, both times at home on leave and both times when attempting to get into a girls knickers. I didn't smoke and I think the tobacco had more effect than the pot.

I was young and foolish and had I been caught the Army would have been deprived of my spectacularly mediocre career ^~

If you were under the age of 20, the chances of getting caught were slim to none. The CDT team had not been invented :D:D

That is absolutely fine, no problem with that whatsoever.

So I will just throw this into the mix, whether or not it was bad journalism or bad phraseology by a Politician. And you are happy enough with CO's being given the discretion to deal with the issue.

What is the average age of a young Officer 2Lt / Lt - Pl Comd ? 25 or 26 ?

They might be young officers in terms of just starting out their careers. They are certainly not young in terms of age or levels of maturity.

The same applies for Lcpls and above.

If they are mature enough to be given command of troops. They are also mature enough to understand the Army's Drug Policy.

Is one of the remit's of those in the CoC not to ensure that Policy is adhered to ?

A simple example of where I believe your CO's discretion is flawed.

Lcpl XXXXX is REME, posted to Tidworth. His brother Lcpl XXXXX is Infantry, posted to Catterick. They meet up in London for a weekend of drug taking. On return to their respective Barracks, they are caught by the CDT Team.

One is retained, the other hoofed. In this day and age, litigation inbound.

Young Officers (whatever their age) do not meet all (underlined the way it is written in the JSP) the exceptional criteria for retention and application for their discharge would quite rightly be processed.

As for the LCpls (who I would recommend be discharged, however), if either one of them met the all of the 5 criteria for retention (as quoted in the JSP) I would consider asking the CO to recommend their retention. If they didn't, I wouldn't :)

Classic whataboutism from the man Kron.

I've been pissed. And badly stoned.
I know how to handle one, but not the other... which frightened me into giving it up.
Crux of the whole argument -one knows what one is getting when you buy booze, and what effect it will have , in what quantity. And pretty much for how long.*
With dope (or any other narcotic), you don't.

*-which is why morning-after breathalysers catch a lot of people.
This looks like a bit of whataboutism from the man CaptainRidiculous. Are you saying "what about if a soldier took drugs expecting them to be clear of his system but weren't just before he needed to be fully compos". It's the same detail for booze, my gin doubles are not doubles by the end of the night, and as for drinking a pint of water between rounds...

Last edited: