• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Dishwasher Drain Hose leak: temporary repair?

Wife noticed water flowing up between the floorboards in kitchen. I checked and have got a leak in the dishwasher drain hose : 2 pinholes squirting water out, quite tiny really but the water accumulates over the period of a wash.

I'm guessing that I really ought to replace the whole hose, but I'm kind of laid up with a mild case of the old back playing up, so I don't feel like taking bits of kit apart at the moment.

So, I was wondering if there is a recommended temporary repair for these corrugated hoses (taking into account that they will drain hot water)?

Cheers,

Wife noticed water flowing up between the floorboards in kitchen. I checked and have got a leak in the dishwasher drain hose : 2 pinholes squirting water out, quite tiny really but the water accumulates over the period of a wash.

I'm guessing that I really ought to replace the whole hose, but I'm kind of laid up with a mild case of the old back playing up, so I don't feel like taking bits of kit apart at the moment.

So, I was wondering if there is a recommended temporary repair for these corrugated hoses (taking into account that they will drain hot water)?

Cheers,
Loctite 5980 will sort it.

New hose from Wickes or similar shops, but as a quick fix use some of that water proof type tape overlapping from the dry area non leaking areas over the leak and continue to dry area again a bit like putting on puttees.

Or try and slot a wider piece of rubber tube over the leaking bits and fasten with jubilee clips, perhaps packing with sealant/glue to obtain a watertight seal.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
As a quick remedy until your back is better, could I recommend doing the washing up by hand?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wrap a big towel round it and a big bowl under the towel.

Towel absorbs both the water and the energy of the squirt. When it's saturated, it'll drip into the bowl. Replace either or both as required.

Guard Commander at Worthy Down about the time @The_Snail started there. A WRAC came into the Guard Room to report a burst bath tap in the WRAC Block.

I got backup from the Orderly Officer (who was in the Guard Room cos we'd just mounted the guard) to avoid being murder-raped and in we went.

The tap was fountaining straight up. I had a WRAC (no, silly) get a spare towel, draped it over the tap and into the bath. The towel soaked it all up and drained away.

Then I phoned the duty plumber.

More importantly once your back is sorted drag the dishwasher out of it space and allow the floor boards to dry out and treat with a timber treatment to prevent dry rot, wet rot etc.

What's the point of having a wife
Remember what the acronym stands for

Washing
Ironing
F ćkíñg
Etc

FFS. Did you not learn anything in the Army? :)

Maskers, Harry Black.

If he covers his eyes with that how will he see what needs fixing!!!!
Ah. Nose tap. I didn't realize he'd seen the boathouse.

In that case, a full mag of 7.62 ought to sort it. That'll learn it.

Ah. Nose tap. I didn't realize he'd seen the boathouse.

In that case, a full mag of 7.62 ought to sort it. That'll learn it.
Look, I've got enough problems with a couple of measly pin-prick sized holes. How on earth do you think I'm going to cope with That Rifle's bullets passing through the kitchen floor?

They'll take forever to drain, especially as I live in Weegie Land and there's perpetual rain.

The only real solution is a replacement hose. Water will always exploit any weakness. Get a hose and get a mate or a member of your family to replacement it.

Alternatively, mess around with it for a while and eventually still have to replace it.

Just saying......

The only real solution is a replacement hose. Water will always exploit any weakness. Get a hose and get a mate or a member of your family to replacement it.

Alternatively, mess around with it for a while and eventually still have to replace it.

Just saying......
I agree with you, but as I'll get blamed for somebody else doing the work and things not working out, I'd rather be hung for sheep than lamb. I'm only looking for something to keep it going for a week or two. OTOH, I might train up the 15-yr old ...

... might try that, if I can't find a cheap sealant.
If you go that route, jubilee clips will work better. Sealant will need time to set.

But if you are going to that amount of trouble, just fit a new hose.

FFS. Did you not learn anything in the Army? :)

Maskers, Harry Black.

Unfortunately, disaster has struck and I've run out. I used up the last bit of it on Tuesday. I've been training the children in the gentle art of make-shift repairs and hadn't noticed just how much they were getting through.

Note to self: check local newspapers for sudden increase in missing person reports.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
timebandit Blue Jokes 0
BIPOLAR77 Classified Ads 0
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 7