Dishonorable discharge: 10,000 British troops catch STDs since 2012, Army most afflicted

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
Dishonorable discharge: 10,000 British troops catch STDs since 2012, Army most afflicted

"Almost 10,000 British military personnel have contracted a sexually transmitted disease (STD) since 2012 and up to 100 have caught HIV, according to figures released by the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
The figures, first unearthed by the Daily Mirror, show a virtual epidemic of STDs in the British military."

I wonder if this will impact Uniformed Dating and the like... ?

And as to the source, is it something going around 'in-house', or even worse, could it be a new battle front?

Last edited:
utterly shite reporting, for example

the infection rates would represent 10 percent of the 87,000-strong British Army if applied to that service alone.
last time I checked 10,000 isn't 10% of 87,000.

also Pelvic inflammatory disease isn't only caused by STI's.

I would be interested in knowing the breakdown by rank and in particular the number of padres so infected. :confused:

How many of these caught it more than once so are in the numbers more than once and how does it stack up vs the normal numbers of the population.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My local GP was telling me that the Mercians currently at Dale barracks in Chester are shagging themselves silly with the same local scutters who have infected something like 10% of the batt. By the sound of it some of them would fcuk a barber shop floor if it had hair on it.

How many of these caught it more than once so are in the numbers more than once and how does it stack up vs the normal numbers of the population.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
And the Army is worst affected - as a ratio of infections to persons, or by pure numbers.....

Crap use of Statistics. Pretty normal reporting.

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
These figures / graphs below are revealing; the blue line is male, red one is female.

(source: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ment_data/file/437433/hpr2215_STI_NCSP_v6.pdf)

The diverging blue and red lines suggest to me that it is not a general populous epidemic (geddit? :-D ), but rather one sourced from prostitutes by the paying population to share with the mothers of their children....

I stopped paying for sex a couple of years ago (when i last had it) after reading about the antibiotic resistant gonorrhoea and noticing an exponential rise in the number of eastern european women arriving in the UK to work. Looks like it was a good time to get out.

std.png
std 2.png

Last edited:
These figures / graphs below are revealing; the blue line is male, red one is female.

I diverging blue and red lines suggest to me that it is not a general populous epidemic (geddit? :-D ), but rather one sourced from prostitutes. I stopped paying for sex a couple of years ago (when i last had it)

Snipped.

I've never had to pay for sex, well not in the strictly business manner as above, but I am married.

It would suggest to me that the blokes are less picky and less 'safe' than the females. If the lass doesn't care if they bag up, then the bloke will steam in, as will the next bloke and the next....pretty quickly you get an exponential levle of spread. The lasses tend to be a bt more picky, and insist on bagging up to prevent unwanted consequences, such as offspring.

There is not enough evidence in what has been put onto here to suggest that whores are the major infection vector.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
This should probably be in the Royal Navy forum. Go to the Subject Matter Experts and all that....

Snipped.

I've never had to pay for sex, well not in the strictly business manner as above, but I am married.

It would suggest to me that the blokes are less picky and less 'safe' than the females. If the lass doesn't care if they bag up, then the bloke will steam in, as will the next bloke and the next....pretty quickly you get an exponential levle of spread. The lasses tend to be a bt more picky, and insist on bagging up to prevent unwanted consequences, such as offspring.

There is not enough evidence in what has been put onto here to suggest that whores are the major infection vector.
One might think that professionals are very keen on precautions. Unlike the local scutters.

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
Sorry, which way round is this?

Is it the soldiers or the prostitutes you are referring to as "professionals"?

Too late - Forces TV have already come out and said "it's everyone!!"
whichever ones you were paying for sex. They'd have to be very professional, or charity workers

Pah, a good scrub with a stiff brush and strong carbolic will remove the source of the affliction.

Pah, a good scrub with a stiff brush and strong carbolic will remove the source of the affliction.
no, he'll keep on posting regardless

Sorry, which way round is this?

Is it the soldiers or the prostitutes you are referring to as "professionals"?

Too late - Forces TV have already come out and said "it's everyone!!"
By professional I meant prostitutes. It seems unlikely they would cause such an epidemic.

By professional I meant prostitutes. It seems unlikely they would cause such an epidemic.
There are proper professionals, then the 'enthusiastic amateurs', all the way down to drunken slags (male and female) and then the simply desperate 'would do anything for something hot inside them'
The top end of that lot are generally going to be taking precautions, those towards the lower end of the scale, well you pays your money and takes your chances.

We had a lad on a brief suicide watch during Op Chantress as he'd only gone bareback with a local prostitute. The figures for HIV were supposedly something alarming like 95% for prostitutes. He wasn't looking forward to telling his (soon to be ex) fiance about that little episode.

His Cpl was a good chap, told our foolish young lad that he'd done the same and came through on sick parade with him to make sure he got checked out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Fill Your Boots 9
pinksniper Old & Bold 82
DavidBOC US 16