Disgusting things you've seen

Sounds cultural, I bet they stand on the toilet seat to defecate
That's been noted before, and empty water bottles left in the cubicles. It might be more hygeinic, or practice or whatever , but don't leave it there for some other poor bstard to clear up, nor the 7 foot of bogroll scattered about the place.

There have been times, at home & when out, when the valve has malfunctioned and a negligent discharge has occurred.
Why the hell wouldn't you try & clean it up?
I think it's the ignorance & entitlement that turns my stomach as much as anything.

That's been noted before, and empty water bottles left in the cubicles. It might be more hygeinic, or practice or whatever , but don't leave it there for some other poor bstard to clear up, nor the 7 foot of bogroll scattered about the place.

There have been times, at home & when out, when the valve has malfunctioned and a negligent discharge has occurred.
Why the hell wouldn't you try & clean it up?
I think it's the ignorance & entitlement that turns my stomach as much as anything.

Worked at a Uni in London and some of the students would try and stand in the sinks to wash their feet and unsurprisingly break the sink, just surprised no one has hurt themselves doing it

Standing on loo seats was normal for some, but I never worked out how the student bogs would flood so badly that rivers of piss would flow out of the bog and down the stairs outside

A real annoyance when the staff bogs were on another floor, as you'd rather have a long walk than risk using the student bogs

It wasn't deemed socially acceptable to ask why they didn't put notices up on how to use a toilet , but maybe that would have helped

In that case it was foreign students, and the ignorance really was cultural, they were just behaving like they would at home

Worked at a Uni in London and some of the students would try and stand in the sinks to wash their feet and unsurprisingly break the sink, just surprised no one has hurt themselves doing it

Standing on loo seats was normal for some, but I never worked out how the student bogs would flood so badly that rivers of piss would flow out of the bog and down the stairs outside

A real annoyance when the staff bogs were on another floor, as you'd rather have a long walk than risk using the student bogs

It wasn't deemed socially acceptable to ask why they didn't put notices up on how to use a toilet , but maybe that would have helped

In that case it was foreign students, and the ignorance really was cultural, they were just behaving like they would at home
There should be the inteligence to realise not everyone is familiar with a (western) WC, just like we might struggle with a long drop or Japanese throne.
As far as wudu (cleansing) goes, it seems you can use earth, sand, thought as well. (I stand to be corrected on that.)

TractorStats

Old-Salt
Someone vomited all over me just as he was getting off the Tube at Victoria. Just stood up, vomited, just one big heave, full stomach, carrots and beer, got off, didn't apologise.

I was literally wet through to the skin. Luckily I was only ten minutes from home. Rang the door bell to my flat, wife opens door, there I stood totally covered head to foot in vomit. Wife didn't blink an eye (strangely). Made me take all my clothes off in the public corridor. I showered myself and my clothes.

I have been marinated in every type of animal fluid on a farm but that was by a long way the worst.

They sell them in my local poundland but under the Goblin (ahem) brand name.

Every Xmas I buy my 3 kids a joke present from there....a few years ago it was 3 tins of those burgers, but only 2 were with onions.

Squabble away my pretties!

I spent a few years doing various odd labouring jobs around manchester in the 90s before I settled down to what I laughingly call a career in IT...one of my assignments was to the Goblin factory in south manchester.
I get assigned to the meat pudding machine. a conveyor of empty tins gets fed into this thing, the machine first pushes a suet cup into the tin, a squirt of filling, then a suet lid and the cans move on to where they're sealed.

I'm tasked with making sure the containers that contain the suet and the 'meat' / gravy mix are kept topped up.
there's a big sign on the wall - several big signs - that if you're handling raw ingredients, to make sure you wash your hands at least every twenty minutes. not a problem for me - I'd spent five years in restaurants by that point as everything from dishwallah to kitchen manager.

so I'm getting on with it...after a while I notice I'm getting funny looks of one of the gaffers. she wanders over and says 'why are you always washing your hands?' I reply 'well, it says so all over the place...'
she proceeds to wipe her nose on her sleeve, and tell me she's worked there for twenty years and never washed her hands once.

I'd like to think she was having me on but she didn't strike me as having the most subtle sense of humour...

Last edited:
Someone vomited all over me just as he was getting off the Tube at Victoria. Just stood up, vomited, just one big heave, full stomach, carrots and beer, got off, didn't apologise.

I was literally wet through to the skin. Luckily I was only ten minutes from home. Rang the door bell to my flat, wife opens door, there I stood totally covered head to foot in vomit. Wife didn't blink an eye (strangely). Made me take all my clothes off in the public corridor. I showered myself and my clothes.

I have been marinated in every type of animal fluid on a farm but that was by a long way the worst.
urgh, that is absolutely disgusting :( Well done on not dismembering the fcker.
Seen a few Charlie Biznizman types chuck chunks on the floor of the tube, not at people. Though there was one bloke..District line, stopped at Mile End for a bit, maybe 5 minutes; 04:56 Martin Spreadsheet feels peaky & stands up, approaches the central doors..04:58, doors close..04:59, Martin expels his expenses for the day, splashing back in a Pollockian spray.
And a few more chucking monkeys into their handbag, gymbag, evening standard, sleeve (argh!!)
Horrible gits should stay hugging a bin.

Blackpool was definately one of the worst areas for manky f@kers though.

Regulary had to strip off as soon as I got in the front door due to the soap dodging t@wats

certainly up to the eighties it was still a pleasant place to be. I went up there with a friend in the mid-00's - he had to go and rop something off at a friends - hot day, so I suggested stopping off for a couple of cans at a newsagents for the trip back.

in the twenty yard walk from where he'd parked up to the shop, I had three different beshellsuited smackheads trying the most piss poor mugging attempts since someone pulled a knife on Crocodile Dundee.

absolute scumbags. it's a vile town now.

certainly up to the eighties it was still a pleasant place to be. I went up there with a friend in the mid-00's - he had to go and rop something off at a friends - hot day, so I suggested stopping off for a couple of cans at a newsagents for the trip back.

in the twenty yard walk from where he'd parked up to the shop, I had three different beshellsuited smackheads trying the most piss poor mugging attempts since someone pulled a knife on Crocodile Dundee.

Most seaside towns that have suffered from underinvestment and their holiday market disappearing off to sunnier climes have faced a similar fate

Councils dumping benefits clients and ex cons in cheap seaside resorts has helped speed the decline as well

Rhyl not far from me used to be quite pleasant in the 70's and 80's, now it's a dumping ground from cities wanting to save money by finding somewhere cheap to off load their surplus needing housing

Mbongwe

War Hero
A notably disgusting thing I've seen was something I'd done. One day many years ago when I was young I'd spent most of the day drinking with pals, necking whiskey, Guinness, alcopops, the lot. Staggering home I felt my bowels brewing as the day's drinking was catching up with my innards.

Looking around for a place to shit I decided to go into the nearest bin shed outside someone's house (figuring this bin alcove is hidden from view of the passers-by and is a place that's already dirty...).

As I steadied myself leaning against the front door of this poor sod's house, I coiled out a fat Mr Whippy turd, followed by an explosion of vile diarrhoea splash. I wiped my arse with a tissue and walked off into the night.

Next morning I'm having a hungover walk and I pass said property; the householder's outside in her dressing gown with a bucket and sponge cleaning my putrid faeces off her front door; it turns out I'd got my plan the wrong way round and had actually steadied myself against the bin shed and shat down the front door.

Householder notices me taking a second glance at her scrubbing shit off her front door; "some dirty bastard's taken a shit on my front door!" she remarked with a mix of bewilderment and disgust.

"Some people, eh?..." I reply. shaking my head ruefully and walking off...:p;)

nightnurse

Old-Salt

I once had the misfortune to have to do a couple of days locum work there. Booked into a B+B for a couple of nights (not particularly cheap ) but didn't stay after finding a used condom and a note 'sweet dreams' under my pillow.

nightnurse

Old-Salt
this one was disgusting but definitely made me smile. We had a dead whale wash up on the beach just down the coast a few days before and local big head decides he is going to take his son and get pictures. This is in spite of all the warnings saying stay away and don't go inside the taped off area as it was becoming a bit of a health hazard (you could smell it for miles) .
Anyways Big Head and his little Mini Me have decided the rules don't apply to them and Mini Me quickly climbs onto the carcass for his photoshoot.
Pictures taken the little brat gets bored and starts jumping up and down a bit on said rotting whale. There is a sort of a soft 'phutt' noise and he sort of disappeared up to his armpits. The stench was incredible.
I'm afraid I'm the guilty party on the next one. When I was a kid I used to get bad travel sickness. On one journey I was allowed to sit in the front passenger seat to see if it was just sitting in the back seat that made me sick. It wasn't, I had no preference for front or back they both made me equally sick - except when I sat in the front seat I somehow managed to upchuck and score a direct hit on one of the car's air vents.
Didn't matter how many times my dad dismantled the dashboard and cleaned those vents or how many air fresheners he used every time he put the heaters on or opened the vents there was this unmistakable whiff of vomit , which in turn made me want to produce more. He ended up selling the car just to get rid of the smell.

I spent a few years doing various odd labouring jobs around manchester in the 90s before I settled down to what I laughingly call a career in IT...one of my assignments was to the Goblin factory in south manchester.
I get assigned to the meat pudding machine. a conveyor of empty tins gets fed into this thing, the machine first pushes a suet cup into the tin, a squirt of filling, then a suet lid and the cans move on to where they're sealed.

I'm tasked with making sure the containers that contain the suet and the 'meat' / gravy mix are kept topped up.
there's a big sign on the wall - several big signs - that if you're handling raw ingredients, to make sure you wash your hands at least every twenty minutes. not a problem for me - I'd spent five years in restaurants by that point as everything from dishwallah to kitchen manager.

so I'm getting on with it...after a while I notice I'm getting funny looks of one of the gaffers. she wanders over and says 'why are you always washing your hands?' I reply 'well, it says so all over the place...'
she proceeds to wipe her nose on her sleeve, and tell me she's worked there for twenty years and never washed her hands once.

I'd like to think she was having me on but she didn't strike me as having the most subtle sense of humour...
******* grips me so badly, washing hands. Cnuts in the pub and not washing their hands. Never mind the covids bit, just generally annoys me, I might be old fashioned but it simple and especially when all the facilities are in place. Please wash your hands signs should be replaced with wash your fcuking hands scruffy wnaker signs. Sorry just a personal gripe of mine.

******* grips me so badly, washing hands. Cnuts in the pub and not washing their hands. Never mind the covids bit, just generally annoys me, I might be old fashioned but it simple and especially when all the facilities are in place. Please wash your hands signs should be replaced with wash your fcuking hands scruffy wnaker signs. Sorry just a personal gripe of mine.
This.
Now that covid is allegedly over, the tosspots go back to their slovenly ways.
NOT grasping that covid was spread, in part, by slovenly ways to begin with.

DSJ

LE
this one was disgusting but definitely made me smile. We had a dead whale wash up on the beach just down the coast a few days before and local big head decides he is going to take his son and get pictures. This is in spite of all the warnings saying stay away and don't go inside the taped off area as it was becoming a bit of a health hazard (you could smell it for miles) .
Anyways Big Head and his little Mini Me have decided the rules don't apply to them and Mini Me quickly climbs onto the carcass for his photoshoot.
Pictures taken the little brat gets bored and starts jumping up and down a bit on said rotting whale. There is a sort of a soft 'phutt' noise and he sort of disappeared up to his armpits. The stench was incredible.
I'm afraid I'm the guilty party on the next one. When I was a kid I used to get bad travel sickness. On one journey I was allowed to sit in the front passenger seat to see if it was just sitting in the back seat that made me sick. It wasn't, I had no preference for front or back they both made me equally sick - except when I sat in the front seat I somehow managed to upchuck and score a direct hit on one of the car's air vents.
Didn't matter how many times my dad dismantled the dashboard and cleaned those vents or how many air fresheners he used every time he put the heaters on or opened the vents there was this unmistakable whiff of vomit , which in turn made me want to produce more. He ended up selling the car just to get rid of the smell.

I find if you push forward and pull back on your quivering purple torpedo of conquest, your ribs open and close like a Venetian blind.
Quivering purple torpedo of conquest. That was actually quite an amusing turn of phrase. For you :)

TractorStats

Old-Salt
urgh, that is absolutely disgusting :( Well done on not dismembering the fcker.
Seen a few Charlie Biznizman types chuck chunks on the floor of the tube, not at people. Though there was one bloke..District line, stopped at Mile End for a bit, maybe 5 minutes; 04:56 Martin Spreadsheet feels peaky & stands up, approaches the central doors..04:58, doors close..04:59, Martin expels his expenses for the day, splashing back in a Pollockian spray.
And a few more chucking monkeys into their handbag, gymbag, evening standard, sleeve (argh!!)
Horrible gits should stay hugging a bin.
To be fair, I was jammed in the seat by the door so had little room for manoever but as the arc of vomit was approaching me through the air I did have the presence of mind to swerve my head and one half of my body out of the target area but that left the other half of my body to take the full impact. So when I got off the Tube at Pimlico, I had a vertical stripe of vomit spray paint running down my left side including squelching in my shoe and the other half completely dry. I was so shocked, it happened so fast, I didn't manage get out more than a single word expletive in a high pitched squeak before he vanished.

Latest Threads