Disgust over Ms DeBique

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ShoghunUK, Apr 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8616866.stm

I've tried to view this case dispationately and objectively, but my overall feeling is complete disgust for Cpl DeBique exploiting the system. I am fed up of people using the racial discrimination card when sueing the MoD. Our country has become so hyper-sensitive to being racially discriminative, every time someone uses the race card, they are practically handed a compensation!

Someone please explain to me how being reprimanded for failing to show up for a parade is racially discriminating? Or was it because her relative was refused a visa?

And the amount she is awarded? How on earth can anyone justify it?

It's come to the stage that if you are white in the Armed Forces, you will get a worse deal!!

Don't get me wrong. I fully understand the need for comonwealth soldiers and I mean them no disrespect or racial slur, but when somebody like Cpl DeBique abuses a system put in place for real cases, I get a tad annoyed.

And what makes me angrier is that fact that very seriously injured soldiers would get less in compensation then she will from this case! I have lost faith in the system and this country's judicial system.

*Edited due to the fact you guys are right, and she doesn't deserve a rank which is known for being the mainstay of the NCOs

2. Found a website that may interest those who feel we are been ordered to bend over and drop our trousers before been well and truely fcuked.

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/campaign/2010/04/the-army-is-not-a-normal-employer.html

Edited to add:
    from said website

3. Offtopic, but not a particularly well informed article, which claims "There are already serious and very real concerns about how soldiers are meant to deal with fighting a war with the possibility of Human Rights Act prosecution hanging over them."

There are indeed such concerns but they are not "real", but are fed by this type of careless statement which causes commanders to look over their shoulders unnecessarily. The simple fact is that there is no such thing as "Human Rights Act prosecution".

4. What is she doing out of the MCTC?

5. Good point. If Colly had a creche, none of this would have happened.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

7. I will turn the light out and lock up..................

Yip we all fecked

Magic

8. I'm disgusted over "Cpl" DeBique and not just her shameless compensation case.

My disgust is aimed squarely at her obese body and the fact some male managed to throw some sperm into it.

9. Not necessarily.

10. Is it too politically incorrect to say "where was the father" when there was a need for some parental cover?

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Anyone else notice this comment:

How many Gurkha's & other foriegn nationals who are in the British forces have family residing in their native country & they send money home for their care?

If she's a single mother & her child is growing up 'back home',when she joined up she must've known or had explained to her the implications of being a single mother in the Army,surely to leave her daughter at home in the care of her family would've been better for her.
    Where's the father anyway?

Would I be synical in thinking she's after 'immigration by stealth' or useing the Army as a way of getting an easy ride?

I think she had this planned out all along...

12. Concidering that she brought the brat to the UK, after she started 'working' as a soldier, I would say she caused the problem:

Also, as she was offered another job, how does that make the MoD guilty? She already had all weekends, evenings and nights off duty!