Disgraced ex-soldiers Iraq lies exposed

oldbaldy

LE
A former soldier who lied to a court about witnessing the deaths of comrades in Iraq was reported to the authorities by his grandmother.

Jon Parkin, 22, claimed that atrocities he witnessed in Basra had led him to develop a drink problem and caused his violent behaviour, which included spitting at a police officer.

In fact, Parkin, who was being prosecuted for causing criminal damage and assaulting a police officer, had never been to Iraq and had been thrown out of the Army in disgrace over drugs.

When a report of his case at Peterlee magistrates' court, Co Durham, appeared in a local newspaper his grandmother, Eleanor Turnbull, 66, was outraged and contacted the police to let them know the truth.

She said: "I could not let him get away with saying that when good men are being killed serving their country. He is a disgrace to the Army and a disgrace to our family.

"My husband and father both served in the forces and I have a nephew out in Basra who risks his life every day."

Parkin, of Angus Close, Horden, Co Durham, was arrested following a drunken fracas outside a working men's club in February.

He admitted criminal damage and assaulting the police officer and was sentenced to a 12-month supervision order.

Parkin was also ordered to take treatment for 12 months for his drink problem, pay £60 costs and £50 compensation to the officer.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/11/narmy211.xml

Hang him!

Well done, Gran! Serves the cock right!

My smugometer has wrapped round the needle.

So pleased. I just wish more people shared her world view!

Unfortunately there are people in this world who would use his "suffering" as an excuse to claim more handouts from the state!

Good on you Granny.

Ain't good old fashioned grannies great? Hats off to her and I'd buy her a Sweet Sherry..... although I suspect she'd be as happy with 'a half of Stout'.

more balls than members of the Cabinet
More balls than ALL the cabinet put together more like.

feckemall said:
Wow! No cookies at grannies house then.

Big salute to the gran with nuts and traditional British family values.
Aye 8)

What a sad individual. And what a vicious Granny!

The really sad thing is the the headline doesn't read:
'DISGRACED EX-PRIME MINISTER'S IRAQ LIES REVEALED'.

Had that cnut Bliar not lied in the first place, Matey boy couldn't have come up with such a cock and bull story as no-one would have been sent to Iraq.

Queensman said:

Had that cnut Bliar not lied in the first place, Matey boy couldn't have come up with such a c*** and bull story as no-one would have been sent to Iraq.
The British politics are of course up to you lot. But what on earth has that

to do with integrity of the Granny? A little too much port Sir?

Queensman said:

Had that cnut Bliar not lied in the first place, Matey boy couldn't have come up with such a c*** and bull story as no-one would have been sent to Iraq.
Why do some idiots have to say that things wouldn't have happened if Bliar hadn't sent us in the first place? We get told to go, we do our job, we crack on. Dead easy to run to the 'moral high ground' with hindsight.

That doesn't of course stop me from agreeing that Blair is a cnut.

Why do you describe the noble granny as 'vicious'? Why not 'spirited', 'well principled' or anything else a little more positive?

We idiots, we happy few, we band of idiots etc etc , are NOT saying this in hindsight! We, or certainly I, have been saying it ever since it looked likely that that cnut Bliar was going to commit our troops and our country, by implication, to an illegal venture in the first place.

And how we have been proved correct!

It pains me to say it, but if you had any moral fibre, and you believed that the thing was wrong, you simply shouldn't have gone! Grow up! 'I was only following orders' is a very lame excuse for doing something you know you shouldn't have been doing!

Queensman said:
We idiots, we happy few, we band of idiots etc etc , are NOT saying this in hindsight! We, or certainly I, have been saying it ever since it looked likely that that cnut Bliar was going to commit our troops and our country, by implication, to an illegal venture in the first place.

And how we have been proved correct!

It pains me to say it, but if you had any moral fibre, and you believed that the thing was wrong, you simply shouldn't have gone! Grow up! 'I was only following orders' is a very lame excuse for doing something you know you shouldn't have been doing!
What on earth does this dribble have to do with a Gran bubbling her grandson for being a walty liar? Has your medication kicked in early?
Top marks to the Gran for standing up for what she believes in, she may even be doing the lad a favour in the long run for showing him that he can't lie and get away with it every time and making him take responsibility for his own actions.